Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My motor was worked on, flowed, PCIII fitted but the bike is doing something weird.

On start she idles fine but as she heats up so the revs climb, once at operating temp she's rev'n at 3300rpm and stays there.

What the...:dundun:

She rides just fine...professionally mapped at the Official importer of Dynojet in SA on a Dynojet 250, this guy is fuggin good.....can't believe it's the zero map.

Could she be leaning out, maybe sucking in air besides the airbox??:snorkel

The place that did my bike is 600miles away so I wanna try to sort it myself before turning the screws on them.:saw:

So, anyone had this before??

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
try unpluggin powercommander first. if that cures it.. then reload zero map to it and all latest firmware to it.. then plug it back in.. see if that works. but u need to eliminate it out of system before going to other things.

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Been looking and found out that at 60deg it starts to climb, then 80 it hits 3thou.

Now there is a fast cold idle circuit that works in conjuction with the thermostat. Behind the throttle bodies there is a Wax Thermostat that works on a plunger, when the water heats up it pulls the plunger back and reduces the fuel fuel at idle...very interesting, hope I understood it correctly. No electrics, just plain and simple mechanics

·
Eat my dirt....
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fixed!!!!

Found the problem, the Thermo circuit was clogged up and the base plate that the plunger sits on was adjusted by some twat...

Bike was an ex race machine so it never was a problem seen as running at 3thou is good between changing gears, previous owner never even picked it up.:flex:

Now she idles like a dream.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.