Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The R1 Hermit!!!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone, I am a bit worried about heating issues with the R1, my previous bikes would overheat quite a bit when idling in traffic to the red area (analogue tachos) for my NSRs, VFR and RGV but the R1 heats up to 110 degrees celcius/farenheit? and I can feel the heat waiting to singe my legs :bandit

Is this normal? I know the limit is something like 139 degrees

·
The R1 Hermit!!!
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i can definately hear the fan come on. pretty neat cause none of my other bikes had a fan hehe

i also find that the bike sounds a computer when its going cause i can hear this constant whir...... whir... whir.... :eek:

·
My R1 ate my wallet
722 Posts
haha got a funny overheating story..

When I recently had the bike overhauled (it needed a whole new engine) the mechanics told me to keep a close eye on the temp, just in case any coolant hoses came unclamped..

Well I rode due north towards the Vic border, and I started getting worried. "Hey wtf?! Why does my temp just keep climbing and climbing?"

I kept on riding until it hit 120 or so, then I got worried, and stopped at a tiny one-horse-town servo, to call the mechanics and get picked up.

I had a long wait, so I got some munchies from the servo and chilled for awhile. Then I thought I'd check the temp again.. "Strange, it hasn't dropped at ALL"

Unbeknownst to me at the time, one of the mechanics had wiped some grease over the r-h instrument display. In case you haven't already guessed it, haha, I was watching the bloody tripmeter, not the temp gauge.

And I wondered why the fan never kicked on.. :dunno :lol :lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts