Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Uh, That's just not right....
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny, we went to Tampa for a week with a tankbag and backpack.... With the raingear, jackets, and long pants we are packed much heavier.:lol

Attachments

·
Wheelie Junkie!
7,686 Posts
:jump :rock Damn!! that's cool Bro, I bet with the tunes you can just cruise all the way up there and not even realize the time it takes. Enjoy:riding :bow

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Have a great time. I had thought about going, but I'm instead
I'll wait till next March for Bike Week. I want to see the liter
bikes race at Daytona on the last Sunday of Bike Week.

·
Glacier Park Montana...R1 Trip
1,449 Posts
Okay..... quit trying to steal my long range pimpin style! That looks so familiar and you'll be surprised at the stupid looks that you get! Hope you have a safe trip.

I use duct tape and cover up both sides of the rear seat cowl for protection. That is the only thing that will not allow dirt to get between the bags and the cowl. Peels right off when you get home and strip it down. The only thing you need now is a soft cooler stacked up on the back of them like in my avatar!

·
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
We just got back yesterday. What a blast. Got some looks/comments from the Harley guys on the gear. They thought it was cool. The women were most impressed with Mrs. Keys gel pad seat cover she made. (the white thing on the back seat.) The bags sure made it nice. Especially when it rained coming back, we just pulled over and grabbed the rain gear.

R1Wheeled, don't worry we wore helmets the whole time. There was no way we would not.The radio has little ear pieces which the helmet actually helped hold in place. Especially with the high speed run up and back, as well as the partying/intoxication going on up there. We saw some bikes wrecked in ways we could not even figure out what happened.

I'm thinking Bike week next year.......

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
Glad to hear you had a great time. Did you take any pics? Post
some if you did. We should all get together for bike week and
make the Daytona 200 on the last Sunday.

·
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We got some pictures, when we get them developed I will post them. We have to finish off a roll then I'll take 'em in.

I agree, it would be cool to meet up with everyone during bike week. Maybe we could all take over a hotel.

·
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
motopsyko32 said:
dude get a damn DIGITAL CAMERA!!!!

:lol We have one, we were afraid to take on the bike for fear of messing it up. We figured better to break or have stolen a cheap 35 mm than our digital.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts