Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, looking to change up my paint color on my 2018 R1.

Looking for some inspiration on some unique paint jobs. What have you guys done to be different? Looking for some cool colors.
  • Fluorescent colors?
  • Anyone try Jet Black? If so, hard tough is the upkeep? Not looking for metallic
  • Pearl Colors?
  • Army green, quicksand etc.... looking for all unique options that have been done.

My bike right now is Nardo Grey (original black from factory) but it's time for a facelift.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I might not be the best person for suggestions as I like to keep my bikes looking fairly original, but what about an OEM+ type of look? Take inspiration from one of the official colour schemes (black/yellow?) but upgrade it with colour gradients or something else to make it look even better?

As an example (these are both OEM but you can see what I mean)

2014 regular fireblade:
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

The SP version, very similar but much more eye-catching:

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire

Personally, I would either do that, or just get some good quality aftermarket fairings.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i like that idea, definately something to consider.

I have oem fairings right now, like you I also like the oem look. This set is for track, so I just wanted something totally opposite, but now you have me thinking on what I could do maybe with modifying an eixisting colour theme. great idea, i'll have to think more about this.

·
Administrator
25,215 Posts
Check out aftermarket fairing websites for ideas. I wouldn't recommend buying them though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i like that idea, definately something to consider.

I have oem fairings right now, like you I also like the oem look. This set is for track, so I just wanted something totally opposite, but now you have me thinking on what I could do maybe with modifying an eixisting colour theme. great idea, i'll have to think more about this.
Ah it's for trackdays I see. Are there any colour schemes from the Yamaha race teams you like? Something a bit older from the Rossi years maybe?

There might be better but this was the best I could find. Fairly recent by the looks of the bike

Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
37 Posts
Personally I'm a big fan of Yamahas Black and Yellow speed blocks. I think they should be an option all fast Yamahas.
I'm also a fan of Gloss Black, and yes it is a bastard to keep clean.
Racing you say, I knew a bloke years ago who painted all his race bikes (Strike me ) Pink.
You could always find him in the field.
Some blokes use plastic dip or rattle cans, because its not like the paint will last long.

·
Premium Member
'08 R1
198 Posts
Personally I'm a big fan of Everything PINK especially PINK speed blocks. I think they should be an option all fast Yamahas.
I'm also a fan of HOT PINK, and yes it is a bastard to keep clean.
Racing you say, I knew a bloke years ago who painted all his race bikes (Strike me ) Light Pink.
You could always find him in the field.
Some blokes use plastic dip or rattle cans, because its not like the paint will last long.
hmm

1 - 8 of 8 Posts