Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

What day is best for you for paintball?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
KyleM's 09 R1 is no DESMO! :-)
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok folks, if riding in the Smokies for a week just isn't quite enough for you adrenaline junkies, how about if we go to war for a bit:nforc:. I had a good conversation with John, the owner of Smokey Mt. Paintball. He is a motorcycle enthusiast as well (Goldwinger) and excited to accommodate us.

He said to figure between $30-$40 per person, depending on attendance, that includes a gun, mask and 200 rounds. The more people we have the better the discount on additional paint.

If we want to do lunch there, they have a grill and a fire pit set up that we can use or his wife can fire up some hot dogs. We can also call in Little Ceasars for $5 per. Please post your preference when you sign up.

The fields are less than an hour away from Fontana. Being a motorcycle guy he also volunteered to plan out several curvey routes to and from Fontana so we can make a good ride out of the trip to Seymour as well.

PM me to sign up. A deposit will be required to reserve the fields depending on the amount attending. Keep an eye on this thread for updates on the day and amounts as we get closer to convention time.

Danq will be letting us know what day this will take place soon, it will likely be an early morning event.

www.smokymountainpaintball.com

RSVP List:
realmccoy1
W8nonu
topcon
jdollaz
colbycb
InkedR1Pilot
snapz

·
I lead...you follow...
1,845 Posts
Wow...great idea, but that is expensive....200 rounds lasts me all of 15 seconds (or less). Most places have packages in which you can buy a case of 2000 rounds for around $60 (usually split it with a buddy). So I am wondering if you just missed a 0 in your post.

Can you bring your own paint, masks, guns, et... or is the whole thing furnished?

Nevermind, just looked at their website, you can bring your own stuff and play for $15 (and up).

·
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow...great idea, but that is expensive....200 rounds lasts me all of 15 seconds (or less). Most places have packages in which you can buy a case of 2000 rounds for around $60 (usually split it with a buddy). So I am wondering if you just missed a 0 in your post.

Can you bring your own paint, masks, guns, et... or is the whole thing furnished?

Nevermind, just looked at their website, you can bring your own stuff and play for $15 (and up).
This is just in the begining stages right now, my goal is to get the cost down as low as possible as we get closer to June.

·
Pirate Brian
2,643 Posts
Man that looks like fun wish some of these events were on the west coast!

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts

·
Pirate Brian
2,643 Posts
must be nice

·
Super Moderator
24,190 Posts
Who said anything about killing? These are my homies......... a simple flesh wound will do. :lol
We gotta get you locked on with something that starts with the number "4" I have had bad experiences with 9mm. But that is using stating NATO ball ammo. There is much better stuff commercially available.

Are you doing this paintball thing?

·
Super Moderator
45,315 Posts
Frankly, I doubt it will happen. A paintball event was planned for a couple of years ago, but never happened. IMO, there's only a few events that end up happening and being successful, else the week becomes so structured and scheduled that it's a PITA.

Right now, there's:

Sushi Run
Boat Night
Poker tournament
BBQ
Whitewater rafting
dirt biking

...in addition to ALL of the other impromptu things that crop up. IMO, there's getting to be so much to choose from that it's getting watered down. I'm certainly not against it, and I hope it works out, but I have my doubts.

I'm seriously considering going back to just cooking out for myself and wife every night next year; I HATE being on a schedule when I'm on vacation.

·
I lead...you follow...
1,845 Posts
Frankly, I doubt it will happen. A paintball event was planned for a couple of years ago, but never happened. IMO, there's only a few events that end up happening and being successful, else the week becomes so structured and scheduled that it's a PITA.

Right now, there's:

Sushi Run <AWESOME!!>
Boat Night <So many bad things came from this - which was great>
Poker tournament <DOWN WITH KEVAP - THERES A NEW CHAMP!!!>
BBQ <Yumm!!>
Whitewater rafting <Hmm...This didnt happen last year>
dirt biking < :( >

...in addition to ALL of the other impromptu things that crop up. IMO, there's getting to be so much to choose from that it's getting watered down. I'm certainly not against it, and I hope it works out, but I have my doubts.

I'm seriously considering going back to just cooking out for myself and wife every night next year; I HATE being on a schedule when I'm on vacation.
I enjoyed it. As a first timer it was nice just kinda getting everything into a rhythm. But now that I know/met alot of you guys/girls, its easier to either do my own thing without seeming standoffish or hang out with everyone.

·
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Right now, there's:

Sushi Run
Boat Night
Poker tournament
BBQ
Whitewater rafting
dirt biking

I dont blame you. Its easier for me since I live here, I guess we will see what kind of response this thread brings and go from there.

·
Track time :flex:
14,730 Posts
That sounds awesome but its a bit 2 far from where i am...

·
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
man i wish i could go, to bad i live in texas...200 paintballs is nothing and to expensive go to academy sports and outdoors (if u have one out there) u can get 2000 paintballs for like 30 or 40 bucks.
That amount for paint is just an estimate at this point. I will get him down lower :fact

We are pretty limited on paintball locations that are close to our convention location.

·
Super Moderator
21,661 Posts
I enjoyed it. As a first timer it was nice just kinda getting everything into a rhythm. But now that I know/met alot of you guys/girls, its easier to either do my own thing without seeming standoffish or hang out with everyone.

Well, I'm just glad you didn't snore. MR. Hooligan was off the chain. One of us had to go. :lol Just glad it worked out.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts