Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderater
11,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I just got back and do not want to ride weekends anymore. To many harleys/in the hundreds, tons of RV's, shit loads of trucks pulling trailers full of moto cross bikes. On a good note the weather was nice just a bit to windy. But i can ride during the week when traffic Is light.

Yap last weekend ride at least till summer heat drives all the RV's, moto Xrs to stay home.

Hope you all had a good ride somewhere.:)

Love my new CRG levers.:thumbup

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Ides and I hit Malibu on Saturday. Roads are still pretty crappy. Parked my bike for a moment on the side of the road to take a break and my bike fell over when my kickstand sunk into the hot asphalt. Bent the hell out of my clutch lever.

Speaking of levers:

Tell me about the CRGs. I've been thinking of getting the short version for my track bike. Besides looking very trick, what else do you get for your $200 bucks? I like the fact the short version is less likely to get snapped in a lowside.

·
Super Moderater
11,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Zippy

I agree when buying a new mod Its has to work better than stock, a bonus Is better looks.
here is a link to my first ride with CRG short levers.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71746&perpage=&pagenumber=2

Dam sorry to hear you dropped her:( same thing happened to me last summer.:no

PM Ronin as he set up a group buy on these for $150/pair

Let me know when you plan on being In the area:thumbup

·
Super Moderater
11,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hope you all had a safe weekend.

I was riding up Banner Grade and came upon a beater car so was going to pass. I move over and so does he..:mad: WTF? So i hold off and see he Is watching me In his mirror and keeps moving over the double yellow. Not sure If he was just trying to scare me or worse. Dam punk kid driving, so I go for It and sure enough he moves across the double yellow making me avoid the AHole:mad: [email protected] cagers.

Than on the Ortega the other day i was driving my car through the canyon. When this Arua with a spoiler was driving like an ass. He would speed up and disapear than slow down and drive at 20mph. He did this 3 times and i was really getting pissed:mad: I was stuck behind this van or I would have ****ed with this shithead. So he drives 20mph with a shit load of cars behind him than take off, slow down lets everyone catch up/ Times like these I wish I was On the R1, I would have been overjoyed to hand him his ass when I passed his shit blue Acua at double his speed.

So I'm done riding or driving weekends just to many dipstickes out their.

Its get even time on the bike:boom :boom :machinegu

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
r1gladiator said:
Zippy

I agree when buying a new mod Its has to work better than stock, a bonus Is better looks.
here is a link to my first ride with CRG short levers.

http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71746&perpage=&pagenumber=2

Dam sorry to hear you dropped her:( same thing happened to me last summer.:no

PM Ronin as he set up a group buy on these for $150/pair

Let me know when you plan on being In the area:thumbup

Very cool. I see you got the shortys as well. Alright, I'm sold. I'm gonna get 'em. I'll check out this group buy.

I'll let you know when I'm heading back down your way. I was just in Oceanside on Saturday night (without the bike).

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Josh... You Bastid!!! you came back!!!!

We have to ride soon man.. you still have my number? have you been doing little Tujunga?

·
WUZ-UP !
4,367 Posts
r1gladiator said:
I just got back and do not want to ride weekends anymore. To many harleys/in the hundreds, tons of RV's, shit loads of trucks pulling trailers full of moto cross bikes. On a good note the weather was nice just a bit to windy. But i can ride during the week when traffic Is light.

Yap last weekend ride at least till summer heat drives all the RV's, moto Xrs to stay home.

Hope you all had a good ride somewhere.:)

Love my new CRG levers.:thumbup
:iamwithst There's way too much traffic in that area on sundays.I need to take a day off during the week and go.....I did a shorty to the rockstore,roads were good,too many poeple at the store,saw 4 '04 R1's....NICE!!!!Got home early took my wife to lunch.:beer :riding :thumbup

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
yamaR1 said:
Josh... You Bastid!!! you came back!!!!

We have to ride soon man.. you still have my number? have you been doing little Tujunga?
Hey Albert,

Well...I'm not really back. Just checking in now and then. Anyway, we absolutely gotta ride soon. Only done little T once since we rode it. I couldn't figure out the route we took. I went straight up and over to the 14 and beyond. Couldn't remember where we went from there. I do recall coming back down Bouquet Canyon, but I couldn't remember how we got there. Oh well.

I should have your number still. I've been so bad about updating my phone book lately, though. I'll track you down if I don't have it.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Yeah... sounds good mang..

I don't know how soon we'll ride thought, as I'm selling my beloved 1.

To be honest with you I don't know if I'll be buying the 04.

I'm thinking of just picking up a 600 track bike, something like an R-6 and racing it.

Don't know yet.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
yamaR1 said:
Yeah... sounds good mang..

I don't know how soon we'll ride thought, as I'm selling my beloved 1.

To be honest with you I don't know if I'll be buying the 04.

I'm thinking of just picking up a 600 track bike, something like an R-6 and racing it.

Don't know yet.
You are??? Holy crap. That's cool though. I'd be doing the same thing if I didn't already have an R1 track bike. I also have my streeter which ain't gonna get as much use as before. I'm keeping it though.

I'm in the process of totally upgrading my '02 R1 track bike. Right now the forks are at PPS, I've got a Penske 3-way with Ti spring and a Graves link on the way, my 520 conversion parts are sitting in my garage waiting to be installed, pulled off my AIS crap, repaired and painted my plastics, etc.

I can't wait to get it on the track. I'm planning on racing at WSIR as well, probably next year. I've only done the big track once and I wanna get much more familiar with it before I take the leap.

I'm gonna be booking a shit load of track days this year at all the local (and not so local) tracks. I'll send you my list of days when it's done. Maybe we'll wind up hitting some tracks together.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
That would be awesome dude!!!

Let me know once you've compiled that list.

In the meantime, I'll keep my eye out for a trackbike of some sort.. heck, I may even get a new 6 and trick it out...

·
Super Moderater
11,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
George P. Buono said:
:iamwithst There's way too much traffic in that area on sundays.I need to take a day off during the week and go.....I did a shorty to the rockstore,roads were good,too many poeple at the store,saw 4 '04 R1's....NICE!!!!Got home early took my wife to lunch.:beer :riding :thumbup
Way to much traffic around Borrego and Banner right now. I'm really looking forward to summer as the roads are great with no traffic. You just have to get your riding in before 10AM as the temps can get up their, 100 to 120 degrees.

George if you make It out here during the week hit me up for a ride. Should be free most days this week except Wed.

·
Super Moderater
11,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Josh

You really are having fun on the track. Wish I lived closer but Its to far, plus I would need a trailer. What class do you think I would start at? I don't think I would want to start at the beginner class:lol :lol Woulb be so much fun but than i have fun riding the local roads around here and Its almost free:crash

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
r1gladiator said:
Josh

You really are having fun on the track. Wish I lived closer but Its to far, plus I would need a trailer. What class do you think I would start at? I don't think I would want to start at the beginner class:lol :lol Woulb be so much fun but than i have fun riding the local roads around here and Its almost free:crash

You haven't ridden on a track yet? Oh man, you gotta do it, Adrian. I got into it a couple years ago and I'm completely hooked. I promise, you will be too.

If you take a class, like Keith Code's Superbike School. You'll have to go through the levels 1-4 like everyone else - and you'll be glad you did.

As far as track days go - Depending on the event organizer, they will have everything from an "open track" with no groups to some with up to 4. You decide which level you wanna ride with. I usually ride in the group just under the super fast guys (racers and hardcore track junkies).

If you've never ridden on a track before, some, like Fastrack Riders, will require you to take an orientation class as part of your first track day with them.

Don't worry about the distance and trailer issues. Once you catch the track bug, you'll find a way to make it work.

BTW, when I started, I had a trailer hitch attached to my car and rented U-Haul motorcycle trailers for 15 bucks a day.

·
Eccentric
416 Posts
yamaR1 said:
That would be awesome dude!!!

Let me know once you've compiled that list.

In the meantime, I'll keep my eye out for a trackbike of some sort.. heck, I may even get a new 6 and trick it out...
Bah. :2bitchsla

If you're going to get a track bike, then check here often. There will be the occasional steal goin' on if you act quickly.

http://forums.13x.com

-Ides

·
Super Moderater
11,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Zippy for all the great info.

I've never done a course of any kind, no track days. Kieth Codes would be awesome, track days may be in my furtue, need to find the money. Its expensive right? Tires last 2 days? plus 100 bucks for track day, plus superbike school, 2000++++:scared :thumbup

·
Super Moderater
11,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Went for a ride today along the same roads we did, except I was feeling like going fast so Idid. Just had a bad weekend with all the traffic. Its great to ride on deserted road at 145+

Had to wait a bit now and than for my friend on a YZF 1000 to catch up. Great guy, retired from JPL In 1968/ yap he is 70 years old.:thumbup

1 - 20 of 26 Posts