Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Does anyone know what this part is called and what official yamaha partnumber it has, or where I can get a spare part like this ordered?
It's where the food peg sits in the housing of the shifter pedal, its like a washer to make it prevent wobbling?

As you can see, mine is pretty broken and in need of replacement. 馃檲

Is there anybody out there?

Mark

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
So only the full kit huh? Not just the "broken sleeve made of teflon" as depicted in the pictures...

Is there anybody out there?
So I take it you're just looking for the bushing, correct? If so, you might have to hillbilly it and make your own. You could probably make your own out of an old shampoo bottle or milk jug. You could also go to your local hardware store and see what they have in the specialty bins.

Mark

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Correct, the bushing only, if that's what that piece is called. I'm just surprised that Yamaha doesn't have that as a spare part in their oem library as it looks like it is a part of that pedal...
Surely while they manufactured the bike in the 90's they had loads of them? (or the manufacturer that made the shift pedals on their behalf...)

Got an Italian artisan craftman looking into it now. Let's see how it will look...

Registered
Kinda looks like a non issue to me, considering it doesn't even appear on expanded parts diagrams. I'd just put a bit of grease in there and call it a day myself.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I do believe it's a vital part, sir. Because without it, it makes the joint where the food peg sits in the pedal really loose and makes the pedal wobble a lot. Definitely not normal for your foot to shift gears like that. Secondly, you can see second hand shift pedals for sale also having "something" sitting inside the joint what looks like a rubber or mesh type joint fitting...
Grease doesn't solve this problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts