Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just burnt my arm on the stock exhaust cover. I can feel the bike is burning my legs also. The temp display is about normal but the bike is running much hotter with the pc111. Smoother and stronger but HOT!

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
sounds like the engine is just preforming better, which might mean it will run a little warmer. gut the cat or get a akra ypipe and switch to engine ice/water wetter. just some ideas. Personally, I gutted the cat and had it ceramic coated along with engine ice. no more heat problems for me. :no

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like the engine is just preforming better, which might mean it will run a little warmer. gut the cat or get a akra ypipe and switch to engine ice/water wetter. just some ideas. Personally, I gutted the cat and had it ceramic coated along with engine ice. no more heat problems for me. :no
My cat is out and I had a head job. I hope nothing cooks with all the heat.

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
My cat is out and I had a head job. I hope nothing cooks with all the heat.

what makes you think it's due to the PC? If the display says the temp is normal, what makes you think something will get cooked?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
hmmm ur temp u should go up as well i know mine does depending on the map i run with it!! when u are really lean on gas the bike will run hotter but u dont want to be too learn u can melt a piston! if the bike is rich it will run cooler then it would if it were lean! plug and play try different maps!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I used the richest map on the power commander site which is a stock euro 06map. Then I made all the negative numbers below 4500 rpm a 0. My next step is to make all the negatives above 4500rpm 0 also. I hate guessing like this but all the tuners are closed for the next 10 days.

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
I used the richest map on the power commander site which is a stock euro 06map. Then I made all the negative numbers below 4500 rpm a 0. My next step is to make all the negatives above 4500rpm 0 also. I hate guessing like this but all the tuners are closed for the next 10 days.
If you don't know what your doing, it sounds like a horrible idea to just start changing numbers. Run a rich map until you can get it to a tuner. Don't want to have something go very wrong, due to impatience. :no

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
Your posts always make me think you are the poster-child for someone that shouldn't be on a bike. WTF are you messing with shit if you have not idea what you are doing? Just changing numbers to see what it might do has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Actually, I might post a link to this thread in the "what is the dumbest thing you have ever heard" thread.

You can easily **** shit up if you don't know what you are doing, and to do that because you don't want to wait 9 days for a tuner to open is...well just dumb.

·
I EAT SKYLINES!
2,162 Posts
I had a head job

I need to try this one with the wife... "No honey, I swear it will make the bike run better!"

We're talking about two different things eh? :p

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Your posts always make me think you are the poster-child for someone that shouldn't be on a bike. WTF are you messing with shit if you have not idea what you are doing? Just changing numbers to see what it might do has got to be one of the dumbest things I have ever heard. Actually, I might post a link to this thread in the "what is the dumbest thing you have ever heard" thread.

You can easily **** shit up if you don't know what you are doing, and to do that because you don't want to wait 9 days for a tuner to open is...well just dumb.
For your information negative numbers make the bike leaner positive numbers make it richer 0 returns it to stock.

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
For your information negative numbers make the bike leaner positive numbers make it richer 0 returns it to stock.
Thank you...i know this. You missed my point.

·
BOOST!!!
437 Posts

i was thinking the EXACT same thing. i almost think that his initial post is just a joke to get a reaction out of us. if he is serious he is pretty stupid:dundun:

dude put a map in from the power commander website and don't alter it at all that is what a tuner with a dyno is for

·
"Sorry babe,payload is 120lbs"
239 Posts
Im tired of all this disrepect. Hey Sabian be nice to people on here man, there your "brothers". In fact, the definition of dumb is paying $4300 on a piece of transportation with no motor. Better yet, you might want to update your "bike" to a status of motorized. LOL JK. But really be nice to fellow riders.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Im tired of all this disrepect. Hey Sabian be nice to people on here man, there your "brothers". In fact, the definition of dumb is paying $4300 on a piece of transportation with no motor. Better yet, you might want to update your "bike" to a status of motorized. LOL JK. But really be nice to fellow riders.
yea he is a little mean but hey so is the world!!! im not gonna cry over it!!!:ncont:

·
Moderator - In Memorium
24,167 Posts
Wow... :corn

Put a map on and don't play with it until you can get it to a tuner. Arbitrarily changing numbers with no dyno or exhaust gas analysis can lead to no good.

As far as the disrespect point... wow :corn :dunno

·
Booya
34,490 Posts
...the trek isn't transpiration...though neither is my R1...but thanks anyway man!

Edit: Justification of the word Dumb is well...dumb in itself. If you think mountain biking is dumb, cool. I'll continue to ride bikes with and without a motor. The one that has one though...when I don't know how to do something on it, I usually ask for help...you know, instead of just randomly pushing buttons and changing shit until it might work.

:thumbup

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.