Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
My R1 ****s me up
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PC3 fitted NOTE not PC3R.... with custom map for akra slip on and graves stacks.....

I have been given a 4 degree ignition advancer from a 2000 R1 model with a 4 degree advance setting (not addjustble).

Can anyone tell me if
1. this will fit on a 2003 R1?
2. if I need a re-map to accomodate for this?
3. any advantage in fitting it in the first place?

many thanks in advance for your information!!!!

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
Look who the cat dragged in...

:lol

Ignition triggers are mostly good with higher compression engines (specially the fixed ones!).

The best power is achieved with the faster burning fuel and the best spark plugs which (the combo) requires the least amount of "timing advance";

Simply slapping a trigger for the hell of it doesnt necessarily net you hp gains,but can also make you loose some.

Some little mods may indeed improve throttle response though;airbox modifications and a full system may work.

That is why when I see a member changing his spark plugs type for the "new hot thing" makes me squirm on my chair...its not necessarily a good thing.
But you"d have to be very sensitive to power change/fluctuations to notice a difference.

·
My R1 ****s me up
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very many thanks guys for your advice...... I think I"ll (will have to) give it a miss then!!!

PS What are you paying over there for a 2004 R1???
Anyone know how to import to UK?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.