Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure if I did anything wrong......
The bike runs fine, but I'm trying to download maps to it now......does the engine need to be running? The manual says to just turn the key on and flip the run switch to on. I do and the laptop can't read it....but once I start her up, she gets a reading. I'm in a garage and i don't want to keep her running. What do I do so that it will work with the motor not running?

·
Off Topic mod
11,194 Posts
I am pretty sure that you need the engine running. That is how the PC3r on my friend's GSXR1000 works :)
You may want to either go outside or point the pipe outside and keep the garage door open.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. Does anyone know how to set the throttle position? Do I have to fully open the throttle?

·
300kms Is Just The Begining
16 Posts
Get tubing and run it from the exhaust to outside and keep her running.

Download the service manual from here and hold the two buttons down whille you turn the key on until it says diag on the screen.

let go and hold them again untill the diag number come up. the default diag is the throttle position

turn the wrist grip and watch the number go up and down

idle is about 10-15 and full open should be 95-98

there is another thread letting you know what other bikes that people have get on the throttle position.

dont worry if the power commander has a wrong throttle position when its OFF, but when its on it should read 0 on the computer or about there.

also check your exup, MINE WAS FU%&#^CKED, the dealer and dyno tuned buggered it.

it diag number 53, click on the red ignition cutting switch and it should open up to about 110-120 and close at 0-10 , idle position is about 35-38.

If all these numbers are close then just uploading the right map should get the tuning Pretty close without custom mapping (RECOMENDED)

Extra HP, TORQUE, CLEANER OIL, and SMOOTHER Running

1 - 4 of 4 Posts