Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I WANT YALL"S OPINION. SHOULD I USE A PCIII USB OR A PCIIIR FOR MY 2003 R1. ITS GOING TO HAVE FULL YOSH AND K&N. WHAT DO YALL THINK???:dunno

·
My R1 eats everything
374 Posts
you can get an adaptor that goes from a DB-9 serial port connector to a USB. I just got one for my PC3 and it works sweet.

·
Frank the Tank RPTB
6,226 Posts
If you arent raising the compression of the bike or doing extensive motor modifications , you wont need the PC111r. The PC USB, will be good enough for just about any modifications you do to the bike.

·
Frank the Tank RPTB
6,226 Posts
425R1 said:
WHICH ONE AM I GOING TO GET THE MOST PERFORMACE OUT OF???
They both work in the same way, changing the fuel maps for the bike, the Pc111r, has an additional timing option, but as I stated above , unless you do something like raise the compression ratio, you wont see any benefits from the the PC111r. So to answer your question, they both work in the same manner. No difference in performance between them. If I'm not mistaking, they are eventually going to make only the PC USB, but I could be wrong....

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
02R1guy said:
the pcIIIr USB should be out soon. I was told March by powercommander.com
Did Power Commander give you any idea, how much the new PC111r will be. :fact

Thanks mate, Warp

·
In search of a new motor
376 Posts
They are working an a plug in for the usb to change ignition so you can add that option later if you get to internal mods. The pc3r is ok but the usb is cheaper and expandable. They also sell the quick shift kit that plugs into the usb. I am probably going to swap my pc3r out for a usb.

·
Track Junkie
4,774 Posts
I have the pc3r, and kind of wish i went with the usb.....it will do everything i need it to, and is a few bucks cheaper.

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
It's a bummer that Power Commander only run software for PALM, as I have a Compaq iPAQ. I like the idea of having extra maps to play with when out at the track and adjustability with the PALM..
Seems like Power Commander are going the full intigration method, the same as Dyna has gone, with almost endless versatility eg" quickshifters, timing moduies etc..nice stuff.

·
AFM #616
241 Posts
Hi, I just picked up an '02 R1 last week and it came with a full graves exhaust. I've been told that I should get a PC and have a chance to pick on up used for $100. Do I really need one? Also, is it easy to use? I know it changes the fuel ratio and stuff but does it come with standard maps or do I need to program it?

Thanks! I love this bike (except for the vibrating)!

·
In search of a new motor
376 Posts
If it has a graves full exaust it should have one on there. Mine ran like crap while I was trying to get the map uploaded. If you get one it is easy to use and there are maps on matinc's site for about every combo of mods. You can also find maps on graves site and dynojets website. You will need to instal the software on your pc on palm pilot which is also downloadable from dynojets website

·
Dark Horse
3,075 Posts
The PCIIIr allows you to retard the ignition timing which has shown a slight horsepower increase (maybe 2+) in the 02/03 R1's midrange. I'm not sure if the PCIII USB allows you to retard ignition timing, but if it doesn't, there is a performance difference.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts