Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed my pcv and autotune and flashe sbu ecu. I have completely removed and capped off the stock o2 connector and removed the 02 sensor. So it suprised me today to see my mpg counter working. I was like wtf?? The only o2 sensor on this bike is through the autotune so the pcv must be sending the ecu mpg data... from what what I can tell it's accurate too lol. Fing werid man.

· Astronomer not Astrologer
11,162 Posts
No. The ECU calculates mpg on its own...it knows how much fuel it is injecting and how far you have gone...mpg...has nothing to do with having an O2 sensor...

/thread

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
+1 :shake

· Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
No. The ECU calculates mpg on its own...it knows how much fuel it is injecting and how far you have gone...mpg...has nothing to do with having an O2 sensor...

/thread
lol sorry didnt know that. Thought it calculates it from the o2. learn something new every day. the flashtuned ecu it didn't work and the sbu one it does. Also I get one free noob question so no flaming haha

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
Also I get one free noob question so no flaming haha
sorry no free lunch on the R1-forum... we'll smoke you out if we have to :lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.