Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys/girls

so i picked up a pcv for my 09 r1. install was easy and quick (how i like my women :smiliesex: )

I got a generic map from the power commander website and all is well. I open the program and go to calibrate my throttle to notice that my throttle is showing 100% and then the voltage closed is like 4.170 and open is 4.190 wtf:icon_evil: even when the bike is just idling, it still shows 100% throttle.

i'm 99% sure this isn't right but can't figure out how to fix it? any help would be greatly appreciated!

· Premium Member
1,059 Posts
The throttle can only be calibrated on a dyno so if the bike rides fine then I would suggest leave that part alone speaking from experienc

· Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Then my suggestion would be leave it if the throttle is getting full motion and the bike is making full rpm otherwise it will just start a headache if you can not acess a dyno easily

· R1 Forum Star
16,242 Posts
The throttle can only be calibrated on a dyno so if the bike rides fine then I would suggest leave that part alone speaking from experienc
Did you attach it to the APS or TPS?

The APS is what is measuring your throttle. The TPS is measuring the throttle opening which is electronic.

These, depending on your throttle map, are rarely 1:1

· Premium Member
12,690 Posts
I and a few others have calibrated the throttle, gears, and RPM's in the Dyno Jet software with the bike on the stand.

With the 2009-2011 model, you cannot simply calibrate the throttle with the key switched on only. You have to have the engine running.

With the 2009-2011 models, the TPS does something strange PCV installed.

See video below. This is my video when I "thought" I had an issue when doing a routine full diag mode check up. This is normal for the 2009-2011 models.

· Premium Member
1,059 Posts
Did you attach it to the APS or TPS?

The APS is what is measuring your throttle. The TPS is measuring the throttle opening which is electronic.

These, depending on your throttle map, are rarely 1:1
I was trying to calibrate the TPS using the Power commander and after I did it the throttle was all over the place and not smooth at all it is starting to sound like user error and not tool error

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I and a few others have calibrated the throttle, gears, and RPM's in the Dyno Jet software with the bike on the stand.

With the 2009-2011 model, you cannot simply calibrate the throttle with the key switched on only. You have to have the engine running.

With the 2009-2011 models, the TPS does something strange PCV installed.

See video below. This is my video when I "thought" I had an issue when doing a routine full diag mode check up. This is normal for the 2009-2011 models.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT_Uc00WCU8&spfreload=10
I went into diag mode as well and all the tps tests worked fine and were in spec. The bike seems to ride fine but it just seems odd that it shows the throttle stuck at 100%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.