What's your opinion on the following tracks:
FWIW, I'll try and give you my take:
1. WSIR (Streets) - Ridden it about 4 or 5 times.
- Technical and loads of fun. Not the fastest, but great for practicing your skills. Persistant problems with track surface have apperently been fixed. Also, a couple of turns have been altered for the better, I hear. Tends to get windy up there later in the afternoon. IMO, probably the best local track to start on.
2. WSIR (Big Track) - Ridden once.
- Very fast. A few fun (but fast) turns and the rest is just balls-out blazing. Spent the whole day on this track in December and still feel like I don't really know it very well at all. Wouldn't reccomend this track for a first-timer. Eyespy could give you a much more thorough description of this track.
3. Buttonwillow - Ridding twice.
- Awesome track. Pretty fast (and flat) with some challenging spots. Seems to be pretty popular with the fast guys, so make sure you book a date with at least 2 groups (if that's a concern of yours).
4. Cal Speedway (AMA Layout) - Ridden once.
- Loads of fun. Pretty fast - Consistantly got the bike upwards of 160mph (indicated) on the front straight. Enclosed pit garages are a nice touch. Lots of crashes throughout the day - not sure why.
5. Cal Speeway (Infield Course) - Ridden twice.
- According to Fastrack Riders, this is the more popular layout. Very flat, pretty fast, lots of fun. Again, lots of crashes throughout the day. Don't know what it is about Cal Speedway. Seems to be a lot of crashing going on there - at least on the days I'm there.
6. Pahrump - Ridden once.
- Absolutely love this track. Rode it with STAR School and had a blast. Kinda reminds me of Buttonwillow. Pretty fast with some elevation changes and all kinds of cool turns. Highly reccomended.
7. Horse Thief Mile (At Willow Springs) - Ridden twice.
- Absolutely brilliant track. Brand new. Much like Streets of Willow - only better. Just like riding the ultimate canyon road without all the crap on the rode, cops, etc. Very technical. Loads of extreme elevation changes. Not the fasted track in the world, but tons o' fun. Highly reccomended. Unfortunately, so far, nobody's hosting any events at this track this year. I contacted Willow Springs Admin the other day and they confirmed this. It's a shame.
8. Laguna Seca - Ridden once.
- Beautiful track. Very fun. Pretty fast with some cool stuff (corkscrew). Rode it in the winter on a rainy day, so I didn't get much track time in. Going back for 2 days in a couple weeks with Pacific Track Time. Can't wait. Relatively expensive, but worth every penny, IMO.
There you go. Hope this helps.