Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
My selector forks need to HTFU
3,062 Posts
If you're thinking of making the trek south to Oz, you can hire a bike and do track day at the Island. They have GSX-R600's. You might have seen it on their website. :yesnod

·
100% caffeine-driven
953 Posts
Bah, only 1 spot in the fast group left and I'm a medium at best :( left a message asking to be added to the waiting list....

If anyone knows of someone looking to sell their ticket, let me know please :vanish

·
Numbers never lie. I'm #77 :(
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just got a call back... First on the waiting list. Here's hoping someone decides to cancel! Gerrod you don't really NEED to do this track day, do you? :p
Haha... which group have you booked into? :dunno

he never needs to :fact
The voices tell me otherwise. :(

·
100% caffeine-driven
953 Posts
Booked into the medium group (not medium fast). Would like to see how I do without the customary slow group traffic.

I'm going to have to see about getting those voices in your head to convince you to cancel :sneaky

On a serious note, I'm gonna check back with them in a couple of days to see if a spot has come up - will keep you guys in the loop.

·
Numbers never lie. I'm #77 :(
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Booked into the medium group (not medium fast). Would like to see how I do without the customary slow group traffic.

I'm going to have to see about getting those voices in your head to convince you to cancel :sneaky

On a serious note, I'm gonna check back with them in a couple of days to see if a spot has come up - will keep you guys in the loop.
Excellent ... to be honest I can't really remember what the recommended lap times per group is.

I think sub 1:55 for fast and sub 2:00 for med/fast? :dunno

·
100% caffeine-driven
953 Posts
Also, if you're in the medium group and you go fast enough, they'll just move you up into our group. :yesnod :thumbup
Yep that should end up happening very soon... I'm expecting 2027-ish... :flex:

I didn't time myself last time, but someone clocked me at 2:08 on a lap that I had to deal with a crapload of traffic. Had to pass a few people on each lap, and I know I can suck it up and punch more throttle through a few sections, so hopefully 2 min flat should be the norm without having to go out of my comfort zone...

Or they'll just move me back into the slow group to join Mick on his pushie... :bash

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.