Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ride it, don't eat it...
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've figured out how to get the picture size to be under 200k, but is it the fact that the resolution is too high that my pics are so small when posted on this site?

I see other people's pics that are twice the size, but still within the constraints of the site. Any help...I'm retarded when it comes to computers...

Thanks,

Paul

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
If using photoshop, save them as jpegs and you should be able to set the image quality. I always use 7 (medium) as you can't reall tell when looking at them on a computer monitor.

Hope that helps.

·
Ride it, don't eat it...
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks R1Budha. I was using 12! No wonder...

Thanks!!!

·
Slowly workin' up to the`1`
121 Posts
Yea 12 is the best qual, I just get as close to the limit as possible, u can see the size on the bottom while changing the quality when saving

·
Divers Stay Down Longer ; )
672 Posts
When you do image size save it to 72dpi, no larger than that for the web since that is the max res a monitor can display. Then use the [save for web] command instead of the [save as] command. While there you can zoom into the image a bit to see what kind of changes the different percentage rates make. Typically 60-70 percent is adequate. If the image is really nice I somtimes use upto 80%.

Have fun ;)

·
Ride it, don't eat it...
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a bunch In2Deep and jsyck. Appreciate the tips. Now time to figure this out....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts