Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
The gold standard on the air box is supposed to be highly efficient in stopping heat. Plus it looks tittles.

I’ll have to check the cover again; I can’t remember but I got it from HSBK. Actually @dcase4246 put me onto it. It should be painted Friday and the new tank grips arrive on Wednesday
Looks good Gear...cant wait to see the final results! Bikesplast, from the Czech Republic, is who makes the cover. HSBK is an authorized dealer for them.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I may or may not have mounted the tank cover without waiting for the paint to dry. Due to a stomach bug, I haven’t been able to get my tank pads from the shop yet, so I’ll get those Friday. Need to order OEM emblems. Anyone got the skinny on quality emblems for the tank?
View attachment 1019427
Looks good! I got my emblems from here: Yamaha 1RC-2413B-00-00 - EMBLEM | Partzilla.com

I can't tell...did you trim for the throttle cables? I'm getting mine painted today. Going flat black as well. :cool:

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Started the day on Friday looking like this...

Then in the last session, a racer bro felt the need to prove how fast he was at the apex of the most sketchy turn of the track (T4 Summit Main) right as I was arriving at said apex.....I had to pick the bike up and take evasive action, but ended up in the grass headed toward the next turn and the choice was put my bike down or potentially get tboned by on coming traffic....I chose the former.

My new crew chief in the background was less than impressed.... she was ready to go home.
Man this sucks and I hope you're okay. Hopefully, no major damage occurred and mostly cosmetic. Good luck with the rebuild.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Thanks brother. Hopefully I can upgrade in a year or so and get a 7x16. This 6x12 is nice but once a pit bike goes in; she’s a little cramped. A year and a half ago Tandem 7x16’s were 3k… now SA 6x12’s are 4K. I’m glad I found this used one, hopefully prices go back to normal.
I hear you on the high prices, I've been looking to buy a bigger trailer myself. I'm currently using a 5 X 8 trailer to haul my bike and it's tight! 😂

I initially bought this to haul all of my mountain bikes and gear but have been using it for double duty until I can find something bigger. The only nice thing about this one...its fits inside my garage and keeps the homeowner's association happy!

I wish you the best this weekend! Let us know how you do.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Rd 4 West Palm. It’s been a rough weekend for me, my side fairing yesterday came off in qualifying and I fought to keep it on all Q instead of ripping it off, started far on the grid. Got a good start, was doing ok in 3rd until my visor popped open and one side came off in mid race. I got passed on lap 10/12 and couldn’t get back to the podium. Lunch now and one more 6 lap sprint to cap the weekend.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you can finish the weekend strong...good luck!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Only 8…

That’s my buddies 2018 RF, we are going to the track tomorrow morning to ride Saturday.

I actually had an ape, a 2017 RF track only, but sold it last year. I rode it maybe 2 sessions, great bike.

My 2017

Buddies 2018

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Your buddies 2018 is nice with all kinds of goodies...trying to keep up with you I suspect😂 I see them rotobox boost wheels look nice😎

Have fun this weekend!!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
We will have a monkey works cycle date at the end of the year, Eric typically does a few times a year. You could always join us for one of those and bring whoever you’d like. I’ll get you details when I get them
Typically, what month is this done in? Is everyone welcome, or is it a select few of your race buddies? I would love to come down and ride with you!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Looks great. What fairings are you running?
Also, don’t you run with Leigon Moto trackdays? Are you going to Heartland this year. I’m going to try and make it, I heard they put on a great weekend last year.

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
Roebling Road Raceway for round 6. Brand spankey new pavement, causing tire hell 🤣. Gotta chase a tear to see if it’s hot or cold, or cleaning up.

I’m hiding in the trailer, it’s 107° heat index today

View attachment 1024686
Damn that's hot, it's going to be a scorcher this weekend. New pavement and a hot track will be tricky.

Good luck man!

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I'll have to look at see what I have. I know I have a CRG clutch lever, TWM brake lever, stock master cylinder with reservoir, stock front rotors, and possibly some other stuff. I have some spare race plastics as well. Post or send me a list of what you need....

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
I have some spare race plastics. Let me see what I have, and I will send you some pics tomorrow.

I also have a stock master with aftermarket lever. Probably not helpful since you're running Brembo, but it's available to you if needed to get you by temporarily. Hope the Doctor's appointment goes well and no significant damage.

Here's the master if interested.
Font Auto part Machine Electronic instrument Bicycle part

1 - 20 of 27 Posts