Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

4501 - 4520 of 4542 Posts

·
Venom X/O
23,245 Posts
All the factory brake lines are out. Core Moto lines going in. Clip-ons, Brembo RCS, all my little Ti trinkets, SBS pads, going on. Intake and tank back on. I have been cleaning every inch and crevice of this bike. What a pain. I am pretty sure it’s scooped up a yard of dirt when it slid off the track.

I do have one gripe about the Brembo brake system. It only has a dual banjo bolt for the master cylinder, I feel like it should have a single in the package as well. Plus it is fine thread which is a nice additional pain in the a$$, because nobody carries that locally so I have to order it.

Attachments

8,198 Posts
All the factory brake lines are out. Core Moto lines going in. Clip-ons, Brembo RCS, all my little Ti trinkets, SBS pads, going on. Intake and tank back on. I have been cleaning every inch and crevice of this bike. What a pain. I am pretty sure it’s scooped up a yard of dirt when it slid off the track.

I do have one gripe about the Brembo brake system. It only has a dual banjo bolt for the master cylinder, I feel like it should have a single in the package as well. Plus it is fine thread which is a nice additional pain in the a$$, because nobody carries that locally so I have to order it.

Looking good gear, try kurvey girl for banjos. They have all sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Venom X/O
23,245 Posts
Looking good gear, try kurvey girl for banjos. They have all sizes.

The local shop is getting some in. I was hoping do you have the brakes completely done this weekend, but the universe has different plans. :lol

·
Venom X/O
23,245 Posts
Progression is slow because I’m with the baby until roughly 9p, but tonight I got the rear master delete, CoreMoto rear line in and bled, brake side woodcraft clip on all set, and the front brake lines all on with new SBS pads. I need a single banjo still, but that’s on the way. Still gotta do the clutch side clip-on but that’ll be tomorrow night.

Still waiting for my parts from Driven for the clutch side rear set and then once that’s done it’s bodywork time. That part im not looking forward to quite as much, but I’ll get it done anyways.

Attachments

·
Venom X/O
23,245 Posts
It’s not much, but it’ll do for racing next season. Well, besides that I need a brake lever guard which I’ll get this weekend.

Well plus the KTech guts going into the forks here shortly.

Attachments

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
1,915 Posts
Are those factory wheels? Im interested to know how you did them if they're indeed factory wheels? I just picked up a set and wanted something more unique then just black to go with my 04 candy apple red
Hey, sorry late reply. No they are OZ Piega wheels. They came black but they are painted the Yamaha Blue.

·
Miguel - LuCkY NJ Officer
2,558 Posts
New stuff

8,198 Posts
My bike is there, somewhere, peeking in the back. Interesting evolution regarding the brembo brakes. Newer GP models on the Bimmer, previous model on the M. Both 40mm symmetrical vented TI pistons used for MotoGP wet setup with massive but progressive stopping power.

·
THEONEGTIVR6
1,335 Posts
Almost there, haven’t put the cans on because we are gonna take the arm off again for final fitment and brushing....but I have these...

These remind me of my arrow cans same shape same old school tips. I love em still haven’t installed mine yet.

4501 - 4520 of 4542 Posts