Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

4721 - 4740 of 4799 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,821 Posts
Bad Ass Bike, dude!! What Seat and Rear Fairing is that if you don't mind me asking? Really like the rear fairing

Awesome Bike, Dude! What rear fairing is that if you don't mind me asking? Its perfect...
It’s an all suede seat cover from LuiMoto and the tail is a Sharkskinz race tail. I cut the hole out for a tail light.

·
Venom X/O
24,047 Posts
She set up the suspension up really well, perfect tyre wear

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
I was very pleased this weekend between the bike handling on the newely refreshed rear shock, and staying on top of my tire pressures. The bike felt amazing, the rider was all over the place due to it being a new for me track, surprisingly bumpy (more than any other track I’ve ridden), and blistering heat (96°F). With all that, bike was amazing as usual lol

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was very pleased this weekend between the bike handling on the newely refreshed rear shock, and staying on top of my tire pressures. The bike felt amazing, the rider was all over the place due to it being a new for me track, surprisingly bumpy (more than any other track I’ve ridden), and blistering heat (96°F). With all that, bike was amazing as usual lol
Lovely looking bike, must have been hot in them leathers in that heat.
It is nice when you get the bike to where you feel comfortable with it.
Mine is going to be flashed again and a rider's package loaded onto it which will fine tune the electronics. They are great bikes and the sound of them is so unique. Hopefully I will get the throttle that I want from this flash. It is just that first opening of the throttle but when that is sorted out it will be a perfect bike and I will be able to enjoy it like yourself. Yes the suspension does look good and tyre pressure perfect, I don't think you better that tyre wear.
A rebuilt shock can make difference, I had mine done last year and it was noticeable.

·
Venom X/O
24,047 Posts
Lovely looking bike, must have been hot in them leathers in that heat.
It is nice when you get the bike to where you feel comfortable with it.
Mine is going to be flashed again and a rider's package loaded onto it which will fine tune the electronics. They are great bikes and the sound of them is so unique. Hopefully I will get the throttle that I want from this flash. It is just that first opening of the throttle but when that is sorted out it will be a perfect bike and I will be able to enjoy it like yourself. Yes the suspension does look good and tyre pressure perfect, I don't think you better that tyre wear.
A rebuilt shock can make difference, I had mine done last year and it was noticeable.

It helps that I swapped the stock for Ohlins. I was able to push the stock shock beyond its dampening capabilities and it started to rear tires and pogo when the oil got hot. Swapped her out with ohlins gold and the shock is much better than me.
These bikes love 4mm of rear height. I don’t think I’ve had better “turn-in” on a 200/55 rear

·
Registered
104 Posts
It helps that I swapped the stock for Ohlins. I was able to push the stock shock beyond its dampening capabilities and it started to rear tires and pogo when the oil got hot. Swapped her out with ohlins gold and the shock is much better than me.
These bikes love 4mm of rear height. I don’t think I’ve had better “turn-in” on a 200/55 rear
I run an Ohlins shock too, and there's a big difference in the handling, when mine was set up, the shock length was bigger too. With Ohlins R&T forks with fork extenders it is quite tall, noticeably so. I run the same tyre size as you and it turns in quicker than a 190, I have always said it is the suspension not the tyre that makes it for a responsive bike. I might just get out on it this year, can't wait to try it when it comes back from Seon Tuning

·
Venom X/O
24,047 Posts
I run an Ohlins shock too, and there's a big difference in the handling, when mine was set up, the shock length was bigger too. With Ohlins R&T forks with fork extenders it is quite tall, noticeably so. I run the same tyre size as you and it turns in quicker than a 190, I have always said it is the suspension not the tyre that makes it for a responsive bike. I might just get out on it this year, can't wait to try it when it comes back from Seon Tuning

Good deal! The class I race won’t allow forks, but I had R&T forks on my other R1. Suspension always makes the difference, I definitely agree. My tire was trying to be the suspension before the shock swap and it would tear and do all kinds of funky things. Good times at 100mph leaned over

·
Registered
104 Posts
Good deal! The class I race won’t allow forks, but I had R&T forks on my other R1. Suspension always makes the difference, I definitely agree. My tire was trying to be the suspension before the shock swap and it would tear and do all kinds of funky things. Good times at 100mph leaned over
The setup is so important, trying to convince people that it is better to get a suspension setup unless you have an extensive knowledge of suspension and geometry you are wasting your time.
For what it cost, which was a fraction of what the parts cost and it was valved, sprung to my weight. Then the length of the shock and how much the forks are pushed through the yokes.
I have trying to convince my friend to to the same, but he says he understands it now.
He also said to me that it is different for different circuits, I think not unless it is moto gp. The gearing I understand for club racing.
I was given a wet setup with my setup card and also it was set up for 200/55 and 60. I have been to four different circuits and I have had no complaints on anyone. Best money I had ever spent.
Good luck for the remainder of the season

4721 - 4740 of 4799 Posts