Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

5041 - 5052 of 5052 Posts

·
Venom X/O
25,256 Posts
I fit the new tank cover last night. Need to trim the tail section so it fits around the tank cover better, cut out the front “gills” so my air box gold shows through, order some Yamaha emblems, slap some paint on there and throw on some tank grip, and I’ll be done.

8,533 Posts
I fit the new tank cover last night. Need to trim the tail section so it fits around the tank cover better, cut out the front “gills” so my air box gold shows through, order some Yamaha emblems, slap some paint on there and throw on some tank grip, and I’ll be done.

View attachment 1019345
Looking good gear, nice touch with the gold film under the cover. Who makes that tank cover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8,533 Posts
Removed exhaust for cleaning, replacing bent flanges with spare akras I’ve had for years, new exhaust gaskets, oil, filter, magnetic TI bolt, coolant, ordering new samco hoses in red, SS clamps, and digging into the exterior of the motor for a proper Guy Martin cleaning!!!

·
Venom X/O
25,256 Posts
Looking good gear, nice touch with the gold film under the cover. Who makes that tank cover?

The gold standard on the air box is supposed to be highly efficient in stopping heat. Plus it looks tittles.

I’ll have to check the cover again; I can’t remember but I got it from HSBK. Actually @dcase4246 put me onto it. It should be painted Friday and the new tank grips arrive on Wednesday

·
Premium Member
135 Posts
The gold standard on the air box is supposed to be highly efficient in stopping heat. Plus it looks tittles.

I’ll have to check the cover again; I can’t remember but I got it from HSBK. Actually @dcase4246 put me onto it. It should be painted Friday and the new tank grips arrive on Wednesday
Looks good Gear...cant wait to see the final results! Bikesplast, from the Czech Republic, is who makes the cover. HSBK is an authorized dealer for them.

5041 - 5052 of 5052 Posts