Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
5121 - 5140 of 5168 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
First time at Snetterton circuit on Sunday, seeing as every day we've done this year has been wet, at least to begin with, Snetterton was no different and we woke up to a very wet track.
Cue a mad rush to get wets on, I decided to take my time, miss the first session and get it done slow time.
Having never been here before I booked inters group, I normal run in fast group but this being my first time here I thought it the best course of action.
The morning was a wash with red flags, with novice group not even managing the sighting laps due people coming off.
Anyway, wets on, I set off, took me a few laps to get a feel having missed the sighting laps, but soon got comfy and started pushing on, I must say I absolutely loved it, Snetterton is such a fast circuit with some proper ballsy corners where you can go through at silly speeds, then you have the start finish and back straight which seem to go on forever.
Laps times came down over the course of the day, best I managed was a 2:11 but there's loads of room for improvement.
Sadly the new Go Pro Hero 9 Black I bought a week prior was going crazy, failing to record, freezing up etc, manual update seems to have cured it though.

Only managed to record 5 minutes of session 3 😫

If anyone wants to see it

Great day though and dried up enough for slicks by the last session.

Looking forward to going back.

View attachment 1019431 View attachment 1019432 View attachment 1019433
How can I get that fairing kit and would it fit my 2002 r1

·
Look Ma 1 Hand!
74 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Getting close to completion.....

Ready for this weekend. Still have a set of bodywork in paint with SBK paint to match my 2014 R1 in my avatar.

Motoholders Fairing stay and Braketech Axis rotors to install but this is how the bike bike will run this weekend.

In the two months I've been building this, we've completed....

-Ohlins suspension front and rear, Ohlins Steering Damper
-Akrapovic Exhaust
-ABS Delete, Core Moto race lines, SBS pads, Braketech Axis rotors (coming), Galespeed Radial 19 mm variable Master cylinder, lightened rear rotor
-Galespeed Clutch.
-Woodcraft clip-ons, Billet case covers, axle sliders, frame sliders
-Evol Technologies Rear sets and lever guard
- attack performance Sprocket guard and lifters
-520 Conversion with Superlite XD Steel Race Sprocket and Gandini Race Billet Burnished Steel Superlight Rear Sprocket with EK3DGP Chain.
  • BT-Moto Flash (kit harness and ECU from BPR coming soon)
  • various additional odds and ends (keyless gas cap for 10 HP of course)
-Pro-bolt throughout the bike (I hate drilling for safety wire)

OK, I'm outta money now. :rolleyes::p

Attachments

5121 - 5140 of 5168 Posts