Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
5161 - 5168 of 5168 Posts

·
Premium Member
160 Posts
Started the day on Friday looking like this...

Then in the last session, a racer bro felt the need to prove how fast he was at the apex of the most sketchy turn of the track (T4 Summit Main) right as I was arriving at said apex.....I had to pick the bike up and take evasive action, but ended up in the grass headed toward the next turn and the choice was put my bike down or potentially get tboned by on coming traffic....I chose the former.

My new crew chief in the background was less than impressed.... she was ready to go home.
Man this sucks and I hope you're okay. Hopefully, no major damage occurred and mostly cosmetic. Good luck with the rebuild.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,858 Posts
I am good. My nice new suit isn't new anymore, but it held up really nice.

I got it down to about 20mph before the front tucked in the grass.

·
Venom X/O
25,532 Posts
I am good. My nice new suit isn't new anymore, but it held up really nice.

I got it down to about 20mph before the front tucked in the grass.
That’s good. Good awareness and skills to scrub the speed and save a nasty crash.

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
10,858 Posts
My only failure was the fact that I could have saved it of I hadn't fixated on the close wall, and just leaned hard right before the edge of the pavement. I probably could have kept it off the grass and upright. Just one of those split second things that caught me out.

Tomorrow night starts the tear down to see what's wrong, and determine a parts list.

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,585 Posts
ill use this as my first return post, both of them together as they sit normally
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive lighting Blue

5161 - 5168 of 5168 Posts