Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
5241 - 5260 of 5266 Posts
8,701 Posts
That master is enough to make you dribble .
It is great if you can do it all at once, means you only have to go there once.
It is hard to say what made the biggest difference when you do that, but it is going to so remote from an oem, it will be different bike entirely, and there's the time factor too, so if you can get all the parts it is the way I'd go too

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk
I actually did it in steps on my R1. The biggest difference is a good master and caliper combo. It spoils you to death!!! I’ll never run RCS again, once you go billet you see why it’s worth the money.

Pads
ABS lines
RCS master
Non abs lines
T Drive rotors
Brembo calipers
GP master
Brembo GP calipers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'08 r1
1,790 Posts
Thanks Dog, that’s very kind of you. I’m pretty excited with this build, since it’s all at once. My R1 was little by little,etc.

I started to mock up the RH controls while I wait for parts to arrive for the front end.

Where do I get me one of dem nice carbon fiber trays like what you got there?

·
Venom X/O
25,779 Posts
I actually did it in steps on my R1. The biggest difference is a good master and caliper combo. It spoils you to death!!! I’ll never run RCS again, once you go billet you see why it’s worth the money.

Pads
ABS lines
RCS master
Non abs lines
T Drive rotors
Brembo calipers
GP master
Brembo GP calipers

I’ll never run anything less than corsa for a master after this one decides to wear out. I love brembo, but not being able to rebuild is just a little rude. I get you gotta pay to play, but damn!

8,701 Posts
I’ll never run anything less than corsa for a master after this one decides to wear out. I love brembo, but not being able to rebuild is just a little rude. I get you gotta pay to play, but damn!
Yea, you are right, I didnt think about that. They dont sell the rebuild kits for the billet ones, only RCS. I usually send them to [email protected]

·
Venom X/O
25,779 Posts
Yea, you are right, I didnt think about that. They dont sell the rebuild kits for the billet ones, only RCS. I usually send them to [email protected]
The cheap RCS (I say cheap but it’s not that cheap) cost me $280 and brembo calls it a wear and tear part. The Corsa apparently can be rebuilt from what I I’ve read (I’m going to have to confirm that now).

I used to rock a “Performance Technology” billet master from Italy that was rebuildable. That thing was Mack daddy and felt amazing, plus looked great. I’ll have to look into them again.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The cheap RCS (I say cheap but it’s not that cheap) cost me $280 and brembo calls it a wear and tear part. The Corsa apparently can be rebuilt from what I I’ve read (I’m going to have to confirm that now).

I used to rock a “Performance Technology” billet master from Italy that was rebuildable. That thing was Mack daddy and felt amazing, plus looked great. I’ll have to look into them again.
Accasato do a good billet one too

·
Venom X/O
25,779 Posts
Accasato do a good billet one too

I’ve had the acco on my last r1, I liked it. Honestly because it’s racing; I’m going to buy the cheapest best feel, which may end up being another RCS we will see. Gotta keep the budget down, I’m not sponsored unfortunately

·
Registered
362 Posts
I’ve had the acco on my last r1, I liked it. Honestly because it’s racing; I’m going to buy the cheapest best feel, which may end up being another RCS we will see. Gotta keep the budget down, I’m not sponsored unfortunately
Hi Chris, i got a Corsa Corta, but all I wanted was a lever for one, ended up buy my friends as he never liked the shape of the lever, and so I bought the whole master .
I love Brembo gear, but some spares have been hard to get lately, mainly since Covid. So I would have bought an Acco, but then I would have have a useless master. At least I got almost brand new spare

·
Venom X/O
25,779 Posts
Hi Chris, i got a Corsa Corta, but all I wanted was a lever for one, ended up buy my friends as he never liked the shape of the lever, and so I bought the whole master .
I love Brembo gear, but some spares have been hard to get lately, mainly since Covid. So I would have bought an Acco, but then I would have have a useless master. At least I got almost brand new spare

I’m keeping my eyes open for a spare, but it’s gonna be basically new. Or one of @2muchbluE ’s parts since I know it won’t be abused… he rides like a baby

@[email protected]@alltimes
Are you doing anything quick change or quick fill?

8,701 Posts
I’m keeping my eyes open for a spare, but it’s gonna be basically new. Or one of @2muchbluE ’s parts since I know it won’t be abused… he rides like a baby

Maybe a quick change rear down the road, no plans yet. I might find one for sale at some point.

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,609 Posts

That's funny. Your wife waxes my bike in the nude while I watch. That is why my parts look nice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Venom X/O
25,779 Posts
Yes. It must be cleaned often by supple hands.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
It don’t take supple hands… you just need her because you have the arm strength of a frail beta male. Here goes your profile pic right here:
Joint Head Glasses Hand Arm

cute treasure trail. Does she reach around and tickle it while she pegs you?

5241 - 5260 of 5266 Posts