Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
5561 - 5580 of 5615 Posts
9,051 Posts
Almost time to rip folks…I cannot wait to scare the shit out of myself lap after lap…

It takes me a few laps to jump back into full spend-full send mode!!

Booked 6 private days at Pitt race in June, July and August and will visit NYST regularly with the family.

Love this bike!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
'08 r1
2,640 Posts
Almost time to rip folks…I cannot wait to scare the shit out of myself lap after lap…

Booked 6 private days at Pitt race in June, July and August and will visit NYST regularly with the family.

Love this bike!!

Needs moar carbon.

·
Nevermore
1,303 Posts
That's a gorgeous track bike. I think you're the only person I know who would track with CF fairings

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
11,049 Posts

Love this bike!!

Why wait. Come hang with me at Pitt this weekend:fact.

9,051 Posts
Why wait. Come hang with me at Pitt this weekend:fact.
Wow lucky you!!! Don’t wanna sound like frank the tank, but I have a ton of yard work to do that I promised wifey.

We still have spots left for our private events in July and August (last Monday Tuesday of the month), let me know if you wanna ride an empty track!!!

Have fun and link me the videos and lap times!!

·
11,049 Posts
Ha....I have a ton of that too.... it will get done in two weeks....I have 8 days registered right now on my registration list with N2 at Pitt this year, and 3 days at main. I am gong to try real hard to get to RdAtl this year for a weekend.

I will try and remember to take some videos. It is supposed to be 80 degrees up there this weekend.... it will be good....

9,051 Posts
Ha....I have a ton of that too.... it will get done in two weeks....I have 8 days registered right now on my registration list with N2 at Pitt this year, and 3 days at main. I am gong to try real hard to get to RdAtl this year for a weekend.

I will try and remember to take some videos. It is supposed to be 80 degrees up there this weekend.... it will be good....
Have fun man, we are gonna do RA in October!

·
11,049 Posts
Good day knocking the rust off. I totally forgot to grab any of my lap timing gear....GPS, phone, and camera. So no lap times or videos from this weekend. According to my buddies lap time who was behind me a lap, did a 2 flat ish time which is OK.

Edit to add:
By the end of the day Sunday I was feeling good, and my pace had come up, because I was able to keep up better with a few friends of mine. I was also able to move my breaking markers in closer and just carry more pace. Next month we had back to Pitt for some more fun.

9,051 Posts
Good day knocking the rust off. I totally forgot to grab any of my lap timing gear....GPS, phone, and camera. So no lap times or videos from this weekend. According to my buddies lap time who was behind me a lap, did a 2 flat ish time which is OK.

Edit to add:
By the end of the day Sunday I was feeling good, and my pace had come up, because I was able to keep up better with a few friends of mine. I was also able to move my breaking markers in closer and just carry more pace. Next month we had back to Pitt for some more fun.
Awesome bro, glad you had a good time. My buddy told me there were some serious crashes, is that true?

·
11,049 Posts
Awesome bro, glad you had a good time. My buddy told me there were some serious crashes, is that true?

Yea. Apparently everyone forgot how to ride over the winter. Saturday was a mess with red flags in all groups. We had a medflight Saturday and two ambulance rides at the same time sunday which shut us down for a bit too. Supposedly one person either lost breaks or had wisky throttle and slammed the wall/ tire barrier going into 7. I think that was the med flight. I think he was OK ish but they had to transport him quickly.

9,051 Posts
Yea. Apparently everyone forgot how to ride over the winter. Saturday was a mess with red flags in all groups. We had a medflight Saturday and two ambulance rides at the same time sunday which shut us down for a bit too. Supposedly one person either lost breaks or had wisky throttle and slammed the wall/ tire barrier going into 7. I think that was the med flight. I think he was OK ish but they had to transport him quickly.
That’s crazy, hope they are ok. I heard someone had to amputate a leg, but prolly hearsay.

·
11,049 Posts
I heard it was a broken leg.

·
11,049 Posts
Yep, we all hoped so when the chopper shows up.

5561 - 5580 of 5615 Posts