Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
5681 - 5700 of 5718 Posts

·
Venom X/O
26,397 Posts
Damn that's hot, it's going to be a scorcher this weekend. New pavement and a hot track will be tricky.

Good luck man!
Very tricky. I ran out of talent, but qualified 2nd 🤣. Needless to say I won’t make the race to find out how I am progressing
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Fuel tank Plant

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Venom X/O
26,397 Posts
Man, that’s sucks! First of all, I hope you’re okay? Second, what happened??

I‘ve got some spares laying around. Let me know what you need..,,I’ll send you what you need if I have it.
I tucked the front going into turn 4. I don’t know if I was riding the front too much, grabbed to much front brake, or a combination of both. I had a fresh set of tires for qualifying, so it wasn’t a worn tire, and the tire wasn’t cold. Not really sure.

I will do a damage assessment tomorrow, currently on my way to the ER because my knee decided to swell up like a softball out of nowhere. Thanks for your offer brother, that means a a lot. I know for sure a bunch of stuff is wrecked. Clip-ons, front intake and stay, rearset pegs, bodywork, brake lever guard, and more. I didn’t have a chance to dig in further before my knee gave out

·
Astronomer not Astrologer
11,078 Posts
Ah OK I see now.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I'll have to look at see what I have. I know I have a CRG clutch lever, TWM brake lever, stock master cylinder with reservoir, stock front rotors, and possibly some other stuff. I have some spare race plastics as well. Post or send me a list of what you need....

·
Nevermore
1,312 Posts

·
Venom X/O
26,397 Posts
Damn! Heal quick brother!
Thanks brother, I need to if I am planning on making any more races this season
Dude, wtf happened!! Get well soon!!!
Tucked the front at Roebling in turn 4. Rider error for sure. I was having a stellar weekend too, Q2 and cutting time like crazy, I managed to cut 7 seconds off my best (which wasn’t saying much back then) but the track really started to make sense to me. I felt great and felt like I had a shot at my first win of the season, but I made a mistake in qualifying and paid for it big time. Bike took a huge spill, did a good bit of damage

9,130 Posts
Thanks brother, I need to if I am planning on making any more races this season

Tucked the front at Roebling in turn 4. Rider error for sure. I was having a stellar weekend too, Q2 and cutting time like crazy, I managed to cut 7 seconds off my best (which wasn’t saying much back then) but the track really started to make sense to me. I felt great and felt like I had a shot at my first win of the season, but I made a mistake in qualifying and paid for it big time. Bike took a huge spill, did a good bit of damage
Sorry to hear Chris, I really hope you heal up soon. The bike will get fixed, no worries about that. With that said, nice work on cutting time, 7 secs is huge bro!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Venom X/O
26,397 Posts
Sorry to hear Chris, I really hope you heal up soon. The bike will get fixed, no worries about that. With that said, nice work on cutting time, 7 secs is huge bro!!!

Thanks brother. I’m mobile today, so I’ll hopefully be up timo breaking it down to assess this week

·
Venom X/O
26,397 Posts
If u need an OEM radiator and oil cooler, ill donate mine, just pay for shipping!!! I don't think I have anything else you would want....
I’ll let you know, thank you.

and yea… you don’t have anything I’d want, not at all 🤣🤣

·
Venom X/O
26,397 Posts
so far preliminary stuff that’s damaged:
  • Rearsets (clutch side bent in and peg, brake side peg and exhaust hangar)
  • Clip-ons (should just be bars)
  • subframe tail brackets
  • throttle tube
  • brake master cyl and line damage
  • right side case cover
  • appears the engine shifted in the frame (I hope not)
  • brake lever guard (that Zeta held up surprisingly well)
  • exhaust can (still functional but little gouge)
  • scuffing on the swinger (meh..)
  • front fairing stay and intake tube (with air pressure sensor)
  • full bodywork set (the tank cover held up well)

that’s the preliminary lookup so far. Still wanna dig in once I have a new air temp sensor to make sure the bike doesn’t have other harness damage. Last ones are my foot and knee, Dr. appt got resechuled to Thursday to see if I need surgery or have ligament damage.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Luggage and bags Asphalt

Tire Crankset Bicycle wheel Bicycle tire Wheel

Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Motor vehicle Grey

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light Bicycle part Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Automotive tire Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Tire Bicycle fork

White Automotive tire Motor vehicle Yellow Asphalt

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content
Joint Skin Hand Water Fluid

Human body Gesture Thigh Knee Wood

9,130 Posts
  • subframe tail brackets
  • throttle tube
  • right side case cover

that’s the preliminary lookup so far. Still wanna dig in once I have a new air temp sensor to make sure the bike doesn’t have other harness damage. Last ones are my foot and knee, Dr. appt got resechuled to Thursday to see if I need surgery or have ligament damage.
View attachment 1024742
View attachment 1024739
View attachment 1024740
View attachment 1024741
View attachment 1024737
View attachment 1024738
View attachment 1024736
View attachment 1024743
View attachment 1024744
View attachment 1024745
Dam bro, you took a licking, that shit sucks man. I found a used GB racing cover and Motoholders aluminum fairing stay that’s slightly tweaked but you can easily bend it back. Just let me know where to send it.

Get well soon!!

·
Registered
457 Posts
  • subframe tail brackets
  • throttle tube
  • right side case cover

View attachment 1024742
View attachment 1024739
View attachment 1024740
View attachment 1024741
View attachment 1024737
View attachment 1024738
View attachment 1024736
View attachment 1024743
View attachment 1024744
View attachment 1024745
Sucks about bike but you appear to be in one piece i.e no broke bones which is great.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
I have some spare race plastics. Let me see what I have, and I will send you some pics tomorrow.

I also have a stock master with aftermarket lever. Probably not helpful since you're running Brembo, but it's available to you if needed to get you by temporarily. Hope the Doctor's appointment goes well and no significant damage.

Here's the master if interested.
Font Auto part Machine Electronic instrument Bicycle part

·
Venom X/O
26,397 Posts
You guys are amazing. I am laid up in bed, foot is still tender

@CBatx-ray so far shows a broken foot but I’ll know more Thursday. It took a lot out of me today and the wife helped strip her down to see what’s going on.

So far it looks like my season took a smack cause this is going to stress my pockets to get back up and running. I appreciate you guys offering me spares, I may be reaching out (probably be but I ain’t asking for everything for free.)

5681 - 5700 of 5718 Posts