Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GO SKERS!!
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I purchased the WR that Superbike Unlimited was building on here. So I made a weekend out of picking it up. Made the 16 hr trek with a friend and his DRZ and rode through the Blueridge parkway while in Asheville.

Stayed at the Deals Gap resort, did this loop on friday

Met up with Freddy and Justin from SBK Unlimited and ran through the dragon.

After that, we did a little exploring in the area.

On saturday we did wayah rd, to forest access 711, to the tower overlook, then back up 28 to the dragon.

The bike is amazing. It truly inspired confidence in my riding and the roads in this area are awesome. I did take a little spill on the dragon. Low sided riding over the white paint on cold slicks. Didnt do any damage to me or the bike and kept on riding away.

·
GO SKERS!!
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, and the road up the mountain to the overlook was all gravel. Between gravel and leaves I had my work cut out for me. Then trying to keep heat in them on the street was a whole other ballgame.

·
The law is grey
978 Posts
How big was the performance gap in straight line acceleration between the WR and DRZ? I know SBK did extensive mods to your bike, but still curious.

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,347 Posts
Thanks for posting. I miss my DRZ.
Lot's of buddies race SUMOs . I gotta get a properly setup one like this one someday.

·
GO SKERS!!
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can't wait to start racing it this year. Already trying to plan a trip back to dragon or out to pikes peak.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
About this Discussion
19 Replies
9 Participants
68mustang
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing