Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm shopping trailers and I want to know what all I should be looking for in a trailer. Especially what the inside (enclosed trailer) should look like. Thanks.

·
Mad Scientist
555 Posts
Spend the extra $$ and get A/C!! In Alabama I'm sure you'll need it! You can get one with a sink, shower for around 10k. I think A/C is an extra 2k. You want lots of storage in the floors and lights in the corners of the ceiling. For all this your probably looking at 12-15k.

·
CCS #228
881 Posts
I thought he was asking about bike trailers :dunno

·
three two two
124 Posts
I have a 20 foot.
I live in Ohio, but I bought it through a place in AL - then picked it up at the factory in Indiana.

It cost me $25 to have it wired and braced for the AC, then I bought a AC unit for $350 and put it in myself.

I also have the walls and ceiling insulated, so it stays cool in there even if I don't run the AC. That cost $8 per foot for the walls and $4 per foot for the ceiling.

Other options were the cabinet package w/ closet for $950. Lighting - 110v and 12v w/ some extra GFI plugs for $450/
Walk on roof w/ ladder was $260
There is also a place in the floor to store the spare tire that was $95.

I got it form lance Brannon Trailer Sales - they did a great job and I would totally recommend them.

I got a Vintage brand, but they sell others.

www.LBTRAILERS.com

·
Banned
9,570 Posts
Rusnak_322 said:

WTF! :scared
is that really you?
why no more enclosed trailers?
Is it your driving? you can't blame the trailer.
Doing 65 MPH, and a gust of wind caught the trailer. Perhaps a tandem axle may have faired better.

·
three two two
124 Posts
I am saving up my pennies for this bad boy - check out that sink!

2001/2003 Truck & Trailer
Freightliner FL112: 10,000 miles, 450 hp Cummins, 10 speed auto-shift, 14 ft high-end motorcoach living quarters, Sub-zero, washer/dryer, corian, marble, leather and loads more. New 48 Ft Aluminum Trailer: 0 miles, holds four cars, lounge similar to hauler, air-ride, C-Tech cabinets, 2nd floor lift, observation deck and much, much more. $229,000 obo.

Click here!

·
Ah the joys of the twisties
1,771 Posts
Rusnak_322 said:
I am saving up my pennies for this bad boy - check out that sink!

2001/2003 Truck & Trailer
Freightliner FL112: 10,000 miles, 450 hp Cummins, 10 speed auto-shift, 14 ft high-end motorcoach living quarters, Sub-zero, washer/dryer, corian, marble, leather and loads more. New 48 Ft Aluminum Trailer: 0 miles, holds four cars, lounge similar to hauler, air-ride, C-Tech cabinets, 2nd floor lift, observation deck and much, much more. $229,000 obo.

Click here!
Holy shit you could sell the house and live in that thing:thumbup

·
Elmo Likes Motorcycles
163 Posts
with a trailer, try to figure out your price range as that's the deciding factor. You can get decent used enclosed trailers for about 1500-2000 bucks. Also try to figure what you are using to tow the thing...if you have a weak motor, you don't want to strain it too much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts