1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Looks good:thumbup

·
Registered
357 Posts
Today on Palomar Mtn, before the approaching storm.
Got home with 209 miles on the bike.

Verdict so far? I like it! Tiny bike, lots of power, very fast revving engine, crisp throttle control and very manuverable and stable.

A+

Tarl

·
i need my bike before i snap
246 Posts
Tarl said:

Verdict so far? I like it! Tiny bike, lots of power, very fast revving engine, crisp throttle control and very manuverable and stable.

A+

Tarl
hey tarl what happened to the other boots...... i think you should wear those ones in all your pics.... i hope i am still riding when i am your age....ride on dude

·
Registered
357 Posts
Well, the other boots are quite worn out (and old). Those were one of the initial "first" AlpineStars" that came out prob in 1993.
Don't even know the model.

A tragic series of events happened a short while later (circa 1994) and many of "my riding buddies" decided to "hang it up", get rid of their bikes, quit riding, forever. Equipment was either sold, given away or thrown out.

The boots were "special" and I acquired them during this "cleansing" of equipment. They gave me a good run and now they are RETIRED! worn out baby. :) only to be taken out on emergencies.

So, I'm using some old standins. Can u folks gimmie some good ideas for riding boots? Post pics here plz.

Remember I'm OLD and really don't need to set a fashion statement, however, I do like the blue/black contrast with the RED bike.

I'll have a matching RED helmet soon. hehehe.

Tarl

Retired boots below

·
Too old for this crap...
1,869 Posts
Nah man I'm kidding, I dont drive a pinto. And I dont even live in the states :) In fact I live with my mom and she's quite well off. But that still doesnt change the fact that I earn $3800 a year.

·
Speed is good.
1,940 Posts
Gotcha. I would still love to run around town in a brand-new looking Pinto. Something you don't see everyday.

·
bananafishbones
101 Posts
Tarl said:

A+

Tarl
Today did not look like a good day to bicycle let alone ride. Obviously you are in love with 'her" :makeout

Can't say I blame you. Beautiful.

I hope what you say about stability is true, since I am very drawn to (like a sailor to a siren?) it's aesthetics. I suppose coming off of a crashed motorcycle warps my purchasing prejudice, but the R1 is known for demanding a cool right hand isn't it?

The write up's regarding the fireblade's ability to put it's power down sans drama is alluring.

Would I pick a gf that looks and tastes the best??? :beer

1 - 20 of 47 Posts