Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts
Total BS rule. The last paragraph I cut and pasted to my post says it all, f-en REDICULOUS!!!!

“I think it’s retarded,” Toye said of the rule requiring motorcycles with one-piece handlebars. “The handlebars didn’t cause those deaths, and the handlebar isn’t going to reduce speed. A motorcycle produced with a one-piece handlebar isn’t designed for optimum handling, shall we say, and the conditions at Pikes [Peak] are pretty intense so you need the best-handling situation you can get whether it’s the handlebars or an air bag or a fuzzy seat. I think it’s ridiculous. The handlebar has nothing to do with [safety].”
:Mysheep:

·
For no ma'am
2,609 Posts
Ridiculous and all you would need to do is get a top mount for a superbike and flip the bars, what you'd wind up having is a similar positon with clip-ons, just with more flex and less feel. Bravo retards.

·
I miss my R1
3,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ridiculous and all you would need to do is get a top mount for a superbike and flip the bars, what you'd wind up having is a similar positon with clip-ons, just with more flex and less feel. Bravo retards.
Not actually true, they make the ruling based on the factory configuration.

The rules regarding motorcycles eligible to race in the 2016 edition of the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) have changed. Event organizers have reverted back to a previously-used rule that mandates all motorcycles must be originally produced with a one-piece handlebar, essentially outlawing racer-replica motorcycles that come with clip-on handlebars and the sportbikes that took the overall victory at the last two events.
I guess once someone dies racing a super-motard or performance-ADV, they'll ban bikes outright.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts