Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
90% INDESTRUCTABLE
15,284 Posts
:scaredYOU DIDN'T?....Fvck man! glad you're ok, lucky-ish stack, I 'spose....
but FVCK.

·
I wreck my R1
6,172 Posts
Wayne, if you don't put it back together, I could really make great use of your brake and suspension systems. :fact
Other than the fact that insurance isn't going to cover me for a dime of this incident, for anything, I'll be putting it back together.:fact

Now I've got to scrape together the money to get started.

·
I wreck my R1
6,172 Posts
why is the insurance not paying?
x2

What the fack?

If they are not going to cover anything, watch your rates. They will prob. jack them up due to the wreck. Which would totally suck if they don't pay out a dime.
Personal injury protection PIP that I have doesn't cover me. It covers otheres that I may hit or injure. Who knew that "personal" would mean someone else.
When I financed the bike I asked for full coverage in accordance with the lenders guidelines. I haven't changed the policy sinced then and didn't realize I had no collision. I thought for sure that I had full coverage because it's what I asked for when the policy was written.
Because I wasn't splattered all over the tarmac by someone else I will get nothing and like it I guess.:lhumper:

·
GO Gators ! !! !
4,582 Posts
Personal injury protection PIP that I have doesn't cover me. It covers otheres that I may hit or injure. Who knew that "personal" would mean someone else.
When I financed the bike I asked for full coverage in accordance with the lenders guidelines. I haven't changed the policy sinced then and didn't realize I had no collision. I thought for sure that I had full coverage because it's what I asked for when the policy was written.
Because I wasn't splattered all over the tarmac by someone else I will get nothing and like it I guess.:lhumper:

Ah, that sucks. I just carry liability on my bike. I pay like $89 a year. If I were in your shoes I would get the same.

Full coverage for me with $500 deductibles is about $2400 a year. For a $2300 a year savings, I will take my chances.

If you financed under $10,000, there is a good chance your lender didn't require full coverage. I know that Yamaha Finance never required it for under $10K.

·
I wreck my R1
6,172 Posts
Heal up quickly... Hopefully the chassis and suspension are good to go still.... :fact
Oh yeah, those didn't get a mark on them. Damaged are the subframe, rearsets and shift linkage, exhaust and some scratches. Not too bad.

I'll start on repairs soon enough just won't be able to replace all of the scratched plastics but they don't look bad at all. Maybe a repaint this winter.:sneaky

·
The Lead Farmer
25,425 Posts
If you asked for it, and they did not provide it you are entitled to compensation thru the insurance agents errors and omissions coverage. Do you have any documentation showing the coverage you inquired about?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Full coverage for me with $500 deductibles is about $2400 a year. For a $2300 a year savings, I will take my chances.

What!?! They must not like you for some reason. Full coverage in KY for me was around $250.00/year. That's sounding a little fishy no?

·
GO Gators ! !! !
4,582 Posts
What!?! They must not like you for some reason. Full coverage in KY for me was around $250.00/year. That's sounding a little fishy no?

I am 39. Been driving for 23 years. I have had a total of 38 speeding tickets, one improper passing, two disreguarding traffic control devices and one careless driving. (about a 1/4 mile stand-up wheelie)

Oh, and NO wrecks or insurance claims ever.

Not all tickets stuck, but I usually have 1 or 2 on my 3 year record at any given time. Only ticket I have ever had on a bike was a speeding/careless charge.

Oh and also, I have been on probation 2 times. (for having 12 points)
I am not a BAD driver, I just like to go fast. My 3 year record will be clean next year if I avoid tickets.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
I am 39. Been driving for 23 years. I have had a total of 38 speeding tickets, one improper passing, two disreguarding traffic control devices and one careless driving. (about a 1/4 mile stand-up wheelie)

Oh, and NO wrecks or insurance claims ever.

Not all tickets stuck, but I usually have 1 or 2 on my 3 year record at any given time. Only ticket I have ever had on a bike was a speeding/careless charge.

Oh and also, I have been on probation 2 times. (for having 12 points)
I am not a BAD driver, I just like to go fast. My 3 year record will be clean next year if I avoid tickets.
Wow. Well one thing I learned along time ago, (not sure if this is your situation), is that, in Florida at least, you can opt to go to traffic school so you don't get points on your license.
What they don't tell you is that the points on your license, have nothing to do with how many points are on your record.
The insurance companies have their own "points" system that they go by. If you have a ticket on record, as far as the insurance companies are concerned, you have points. Getting them dropped in traffic school ONLY helps you to NOT lose you license.
15 years ago or so I had tons of tickets like you. I ALWAYS made sure to get the points dropped, either in court or by going to school.
My insurance however was insane because to the insurance company, I had ALOT of points.

·
GO Gators ! !! !
4,582 Posts
Wow. Well one thing I learned along time ago, (not sure if this is your situation), is that, in Florida at least, you can opt to go to traffic school so you don't get points on your license.
What they don't tell you is that the points on your license, have nothing to do with how many points are on your record.
The insurance companies have their own "points" system that they go by. If you have a ticket on record, as far as the insurance companies are concerned, you have points. Getting them dropped in traffic school ONLY helps you to NOT lose you license.
15 years ago or so I had tons of tickets like you. I ALWAYS made sure to get the points dropped, either in court or by going to school.
My insurance however was insane because to the insurance company, I had ALOT of points.
We can do traffic school too, once every 12 months. In KY you do not get points and on your 3 year record (what the Insurance companies can get) it does not show the charge. I think it might tell them you were refered to driving school.

But I would not be surprised if the insurance companies did not keep a record of your three year record, which over time would allow them to go back many years. if that makes sense.

·
↓ dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
3,442 Posts
Wayne, holy crap dude!
I didn't even know about this until I saw your avatar in a different thread.

Glad to hear you're relatively okay and that the bike is still in good repairable condition!

·
I wreck my R1
6,172 Posts
Wayne, holy crap dude!
I didn't even know about this until I saw your avatar in a different thread.

Glad to hear you're relatively okay and that the bike is still in good repairable condition!
Thanks. I just took a long look at it today for the first time and it's going to be relatively simple to fix. Not bad at all and as I mentioned none of the expensive parts took any damage at all.

·
Super Moderator
21,660 Posts
Great news Wayne. As I was looking at it I was thinking the same thing. Just take it one step at a time.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts
About this Discussion
43 Replies
23 Participants
chuckyboy281
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing