Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Driving the Big Brown Truck
Joined
·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have numbers for the 04 ??

I'm looking for hp #'s with:

stock:

stock and pc3r:

slip on:

slip on and pc3r:

full system:

full system and pc3r:



I'm trying to decide what my budget can afford for the advantages of hp.


Thanks
 

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
Joined
·
10,685 Posts
Just buy the whole thing!
You know you want to.............:finger
 

·
Wheelies for boobs!
Joined
·
3,992 Posts
Take your money and do a track day. No exhaust for the 04 is going to be cost effective for the hp gain.
 

·
Driving the Big Brown Truck
Joined
·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
R1Budha said:
Just buy the whole thing!
You know you want to.............:finger

Yeah.....who wouldn't ??

But honeslty.......I'm looking for some #'s


:p
 

·
Driving the Big Brown Truck
Joined
·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RUFFSTUFF said:
Take your money and do a track day. No exhaust for the 04 is going to be cost effective for the hp gain.

Been there, done that, bought the t-shirt.

And will be there, do that, and buy another shirt with my 04

:butt
 

·
Driving the Big Brown Truck
Joined
·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bump.


Anyone got the numbers ???
 

·
Bigger is Better
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
stock 154.5
full ti-force 162.4 (no tuning to cold)
i would post a graph but my buddy stepped on the laptop the other night and broke it. so i dont have any runs to post till i get the new laptop.
Dennis
 

·
Driving the Big Brown Truck
Joined
·
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let me ask in a different way.......

Is there any hp gains in adding JUST A PC3r to JUST A STOCK 04 EXHAUST ???

Financially, I cannot afford to drop 1500+ for the whole thing right away. I'm wondering if doing it piece by piece would be noticable or a waste.

Thanks,
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
261 Posts
R1_enough_said said:
Let me ask in a different way.......

Is there any hp gains in adding JUST A PC3r to JUST A STOCK 04 EXHAUST ???

Financially, I cannot afford to drop 1500+ for the whole thing right away. I'm wondering if doing it piece by piece would be noticable or a waste.

Thanks,
Mike
I personally think that a PC3 will help, but only if you get a custom map also. The only thing to remember is that if you get a custom map and then change anything that effects air/fuel than your custom map won't be good and you will need to get another one made. Here a custom map costs around $300, so you want to make sure you have everything done first and then get a custom map. To give you an example of what a custom map does, I had a GSXR 1000 and my first dyno run was 140.3 HP and after about 15 dyno's, when they got my custom map the best they could, I was at 148.7 HP. Just trying to give you an example.:thumbup
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top