Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
mmmm. excellent.
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deal is, I put 500 down back in Oct. My red 04 came in yesterday (02/27/04) and my bank account would be wiped clean if I took it. Due to the fact that my employer has been missing paydays as of late, I cannot justify wiping my account out right now. Way too risky.

If you want this Red 04, PM me and let's work it out w/ my dealer. I don't want to be stuck for the 500...

I saw it today through the friggin window (just missed the closing time) and it's insanely beautiful. Friggin employer, now I know why people go postal. :boom

I'm in the market for an 02 R1 if anyone has a clean one that's not been down AT ALL.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
163 Posts
dont really understand your situation but for future reference never put down a deposit. i lost probaly $800 in 02 &03due to deposits and thats including going to court to try to get them back. nevermind what a dealer says about availability. just wait and you will get one. these are japanese bikes not harleys or jesse james specials. they are made on an assembly line so they are plentiful. dealers try to rip people off by making them put down deposits and jacking up prices. just go into the dealer with your cash in hand. it works everytime. no deposit required .. ignore the dealers.. they suck and are trying to make a living off you.
 

·
mmmm. excellent.
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ccrw said:
dont really understand your situation but for future reference never put down a deposit. i lost probaly $800 in 02 &03due to deposits and thats including going to court to try to get them back. nevermind what a dealer says about availability. just wait and you will get one. these are japanese bikes not harleys or jesse james specials. they are made on an assembly line so they are plentiful. dealers try to rip people off by making them put down deposits and jacking up prices. just go into the dealer with your cash in hand. it works everytime. no deposit required .. ignore the dealers.. they suck and are trying to make a living off you.
Yup.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
ccrw said:
dealers try to rip people off by making them put down deposits and jacking up prices. just go into the dealer with your cash in hand. it works everytime. no deposit required .. ignore the dealers.. they suck and are trying to make a living off you.
"ignore the dealers"; How else will you purchase a motorcycle?? ebay?

Dealers are not out to rip people off. It is in YOUR BEST judgement to do what is best for you. Support your dealers, don't piss them off.

If you know the mtorycle you want is a hot commodity, then you put down a deposit to hold one for you. But only do this if your are absolutely 110% sure you are purchasing it and can afford it.
 

·
mmmm. excellent.
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
r1-superstar said:
"ignore the dealers"; How else will you purchase a motorcycle?? ebay?

Dealers are not out to rip people off. It is in YOUR BEST judgement to do what is best for you. Support your dealers, don't piss them off.

If you know the mtorycle you want is a hot commodity, then you put down a deposit to hold one for you. But only do this if your are absolutely 110% sure you are purchasing it and can afford it.
My deal is that I don't finance anything unless it's a house or a car. Anything not absolutely necessary I won't finance. Just one of my rules.

Anyway, if having an R1 means that I'd have to pay 10% more than MSRP, I'd do it if I wanted it bad enough, and I wouldn't feel bad about it afterward.

The purpose of this thread is to help somebody get the bike now, there are folks who've expressed interest, and I hope it'll pan out for one of them.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
9,594 Posts
gb506 said:
My deal is that I don't finance anything unless it's a house or a car. Anything not absolutely necessary I won't finance. Just one of my rules.

Anyway, if having an R1 means that I'd have to pay 10% more than MSRP, I'd do it if I wanted it bad enough, and I wouldn't feel bad about it afterward.

The purpose of this thread is to help somebody get the bike now, there are folks who've expressed interest, and I hope it'll pan out for one of them.
My post was not directed to you. But since you quoted me, now it's my turn.

Your rule of "No financing".....That's your choice. But credit is what keeps you a float. (I don't mean to burry yourself up to your eyeballs in debt, just live within your means) Without credit you would not be able to finance that home or car. Financing a motorcycle to some is just the same as financing a car/truck/suv. It's transportation. Peace................db
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
GB, whoa maing. Gotta do what you gotta do. You better have something to ride when we come out in June. I've got a rompin stompin 9R I'll let go cheap. It eats R-1's. :sneaky :finger

Well not sure about the 04, maybe not. :machinegu

KawKorn
 

·
mmmm. excellent.
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
kornking said:
GB, whoa maing. Gotta do what you gotta do. You better have something to ride when we come out in June. I've got a rompin stompin 9R I'll let go cheap. It eats R-1's. :sneaky :finger

Well not sure about the 04, maybe not. :machinegu

KawKorn
I got Matt workin' on a leftover '03 (gasp) Gixxer 1k (gasp, choke) from his bud. Don't worry, I'll be on two wheels by then :epimp

If the deal falls through I may take you up on the 9, though... :D
 

·
No Need for a Title
Joined
·
3,768 Posts
GB, what dealer did you get your 04 from?


and I know someone that has a 02 silver with a micron, he said he's ready to deal on it if your interested hit me up with a PM and I'll call you if you want.
 

·
Kid Trapped in Adults Body
Joined
·
1,078 Posts
:rant Hope "Slick" doesn't see this post about someone in Da Burgh getting their bike already..........
 

·
Drinking Colt 45's with Lando
Joined
·
6,077 Posts
Check your pm's brother
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
21,686 Posts
gb506 said:


I'm in the market for an 02 R1 if anyone has a clean one that's not been down AT ALL.
PM Scarabsport. :fact He's selling his '02 or 03 Liquid Sliver with
a bunch of goodies {performance} to go with it. It's a nice bike.
I've seen it.
 

·
Gotta go fast!!
Joined
·
87 Posts
might be interested

have 2002 blue with high mount ti micron scorched. Let me know what kind of deal you are going to work out. if it is at the place i think i might be able to help.
 

·
mmmm. excellent.
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to all who PM'd and responded. The shop already had another guy in line for it, so there it went.

Pittsburghers - check out the forum I just put up - http://www.steelcityriders.com/

It's a place where we can get together and shoot the bull and hook up for riding and track days.

I'm getting shops on board too, so we'll have stuff to raffle off and give away. Come on over and register.

I know it's not much now, but It'll be up to snuff in no time.

Out...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,479 Posts
You guys kill me, you really do. Everyone put deposits down on these bikes and theres one sitting on the showroom floor waiting for an owner at Olive Branch Suzuki Yamaha. CCRW is right, these bikes will be plentiful. Hell, the Great Outdoor Store has them for $8799. I'll buy one for less than 9000 or won't buy one at all.

Ian Gilmore
 

·
R1 Pilot
Joined
·
395 Posts
gb506 said:
Pittsburghers - check out the forum I just put up - http://www.steelcityriders.com/
It's a place where we can get together and shoot the bull and hook up for riding and track days.
That's cool! :thumbup
I'm a member of another sportbike club here in Pittsburgh...
check us out: www.goldentriangleriders.com

We have 60+ members and I expect us to grow a lot this spring... We had Bike Nights at SRC last year and will be getting a Thursday Bike Night organized at SRC or some other establishment very soon.


Joe
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top