Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Easy to install, worked perfectly. Took about an hour to install, but had the button for it already. I can give detailed instructions if someone needs them.

Never have to fumble with paying another toll again....

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
not sure i would want to get mixed up with that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually, I have several reasons. And no, I don't have a reason to run from the cops......

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Because I saw it and wanted it. It's that simple. But why would you care about what anyone else would want? Just because you wouldn't run it, no one else should?

·
Banned
1,309 Posts
I have one on my R1, its pretty cool, i leave mine unhooked and the switch under my seat so i dont get in trouble for it. it is definately an attention getter (in a good way too!)

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
Actually, I have several reasons. And no, I don't have a reason to run from the cops......
Because I saw it and wanted it. It's that simple. But why would you care about what anyone else would want? Just because you wouldn't run it, no one else should?

Actually you sated that there were several reasons, when apparently there seems to be only one :lol. If you choose to run and be a retard that compeletely up to you.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry to disappoint you, but I have never had to run from the cops on my bike. Not once. And I have only been pulled over twice on a bike. Once for riding too slow (I am not joking - long story), and the other simply because the cop wanted to see the bike. Neither time did I get a ticket. So no, it's not for running from the cops. I will use it on Orlando's toll booths though when I am down there, and I will use it on red light cameras here too. We don't have speed cameras here.

I do speed a lot. But if a cop wants to pull me over, so be it. I'll take the ticket and handle it in court. It's not that big of a deal. I have a wife and kid, so I have reasons NOT to run. Quit making assumptions about people you don't know.

The main reason was - I just wanted it. You have a problem with that?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
You just confirmed our suspicions on why you put on a plate flipper. Breaking the law.
And you never have gone over the speed limit on your R1? Or run a stuck red light, or followed too closely, etc? You should ride a YSR50 instead - you obviously don't need a 1 liter bike.:2bitchsla

And no, I have not used it to break the law even one time yet. And probably won't get the chance to even have that option for another few months.

This is a PRODUCT REVIEW. That's it.

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
And you never have gone over the speed limit on your R1? Or run a stuck red light, or followed too closely, etc? You should ride a YSR50 instead - you obviously don't need a 1 liter bike.:2bitchsla

Guess what. This is a PRODUCT REVIEW. Make a new thread in the correct section to put your comments in. You have no business in this thread and you have zero experience with the product.

Hey man I just pointed out the obvious. And yes I have sped. Never ran a red light. Guess you're right about me. I need a YSR 50. :crash

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey man I just pointed out the obvious. And yes I have sped. Never ran a red light. Guess you're right about me. I need a YSR 50. :crash
Here we have a DOT that sets lights to work based on the metal that they detect in the vehicle, and others based on long timers. Our bikes won't trigger the lights. Sometimes you can sit for 10 mins waiting for a left arrow light. If you run it, you get a camera ticket. If you turn right to hang a u-turn, you get a camera ticket.

I need another YSR50 for real. They are loads of fun in the mtns.:) And yes, you have to have a tag or it's illegal, and yes, I've broken that law before as well.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.