Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Patient
1,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been po'd about the amount of slack in the shifter rod sticking out of t he trany, and ive been hitting false neutral because im not lifting up on the shifter hard enough since i have lost alot if range of motion in my left ankle

so i decided to try GP shift again so i could a better upshift by pushing down on the lever instead. i started changing it (i use a gilles rear set BTW), and i think SHII_IIIIIT, im going to have to buy a push type power shifter solenoid. I go ahead and swap to gp shift and i find that because the reverse pattern is being done after the main shift arm, i can use the pull type power shifter wether im gp or standard shift. :dundun:

way to go gilles:jump

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I love Gp shift. Glad it worked out for you.

·
Super Moderator
21,735 Posts
GP shifting is awesome. I'll never go back.

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
i hear you, thats why i tried it before and hated it, but ive got three months to get used to before the trackday/cmra licensing session.
Way to go 1Hander. Decided to go for the license? Their famous 4 lap mock?

lol.

Thanks again for the paint info. I bought some today. All set. Now all I have to do is to finish the prep of the plastics. Then I do the paint (kind of trying to find a place where I can shoot it so I do not have to make a booth...if not, I will have tobuild it - go all other stuff though...gun, paint, etc).
Was kind of thinking if somehow I find a place to shoot, I will use my gun (so I get to use it and dont have to mess up other people's eqt).
I will let you know how it turned out. Decided with a dual stage, two tones (well, you will see it anyway at the start of the season...cant wait for TWS again...never tried this bike there).

Good luck and talk to you soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.