Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
LIFE IS SHORT
12,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(

From KRIS-TV:

CORPUS CHRISTI - Investigators said speed, a cell phone and an inexperienced motorcycle rider all contributed to fatal accident Sunday evening. It happened on the ramp to State Highway 44 off North Padre Island Drive.

Eyewitness said the motorcycle driver was speeding and talking on his cell phone, when he lost control of the bike and went into the guard rail. His bike stayed on the ramp, but his body landed on the service road below.

EMS crews took the man to the hospital, but he died on the way. Investigators said the man was inexperienced on a bike and did not have a motorcycle license.

·
I WENT TO THE CONVENTION!!
1,456 Posts
:2bitchsla :no

·
No soup for you!
2,854 Posts
RIP rider

I sometimes wedge my phone into my helmet if im close to my destination and just need some last minute directions, its like handsfree but cheaper!!

·
Registered
178 Posts
I saw a guy with his phone hanging out of his mouth by the antenna. I dont quite see how you could ride and talk on a phone at the same time, unless it was no stop and go traffic. But I dont see why you would want to either. On that note, why do people smoke while they are riding?

·
If speed kills quit taking it
1,651 Posts
If you want to talk on the phone...

PULL THE ***** OVER!!

Jeezus Christ! If making or receiving a call is so important that you need to stick your phone inside your helmet, maybe you should just stay home, walk or drive your car.

·
Cheating death in the "D"
21,068 Posts
my05r1 said:
On that note, how do people smoke while they are riding?

I drilled a hole in the chin bar of my Arai & siliconed a Carbon Fiber cig holder in it, at stop light, cig goes in - light her up & wheelie away puffin :2bitchsla

if you don't want to drill a hole in your lid, you can use the clear reservoir tubing & let it hang below your chin bar, but at speed the cig swings back & burns your neck frequently . . . so beware smokers :yesnod

oh . . . one last thing, keep your shield down the hot ashes get in your eyes :eek:

·
RUSH HOUR RIDERS
2,374 Posts
hooligan_r1 said:
WTF!???

It's bad enough talking on the phone in a f**kin' car.........much less on a damn bike!!!
:iamwithst

·
Premium Member
23,060 Posts
DJTHEMAC said:
RIP rider

I sometimes wedge my phone into my helmet if im close to my destination and just need some last minute directions, its like handsfree but cheaper!!
if you can wedge your cell into your helmet, you need a smaller size helmet:fact

·
Registered
114 Posts
:2bitchsla I don't feel bad for stupid people, sucks for his friends and family though. How do you explain his death?? "Aw my son killed himself trying to impress a chick over the phone while he was attempting to ride a motorcycle, it was a freak accident."

1 - 20 of 59 Posts