Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Keeping it safe and beautiful
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there...

Since the weather is improving (spring soon) here in this tiny wet country called The Netherlands, i'm looking around to 'upgrade' my bike.
I already have the YAMAHA-fairing protectors but i also see a lot of you guys with clutchprotectors. And if a product can prevend my bike for greater damage during a crash i want it.

I have done a search and i like the Harris clutch-protector. I just have some questions:

- Does this clutchprotector (and other simular ones) only come on one side of the bike?

- Do you need any special bolts or modifications

- And with this specific Harris one, do you need to 'extend' your clutch?

Any pics and recommendations are welcome...

·
Registered
201 Posts
Racing Artist said:
Hi there...

Since the weather is improving (spring soon) here in this tiny wet country called The Netherlands, i'm looking around to 'upgrade' my bike.
I already have the YAMAHA-fairing protectors but i also see a lot of you guys with clutchprotectors. And if a product can prevend my bike for greater damage during a crash i want it.

I have done a search and i like the Harris clutch-protector. I just have some questions:

- Does this clutchprotector (and other simular ones) only come on one side of the bike?

- Do you need any special bolts or modifications

- And with this specific Harris one, do you need to 'extend' your clutch?

Any pics and recommendations are welcome...
Hoi,

Ja, nog een hollander. Je komt ze ook overal tegen. Ken jou wel van het motor forum.

Wat betreft die clutchprotector. Ik heb er eentje opzitten.

Je hebt er niks speciaals voor nodig. Je draait gewoon die moer los van je motor en die heb je ook nodig om die protector weer vast te zetten.

Hij is er van Harris trouwens alleen voor de koppelings kant. Van een ander merk hebben ze er volgens mij ook voor de linker kant.

Maar die protector van Harris vond ik het mooist.

Wat betreft het bestellen bij Harris. Gewoon doen via hun internet site. Werkt prima.

Groeten jochen

·
Registered
341 Posts
argh. We can't help if we can't read it.

·
Keeping it safe and beautiful
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know i know, we discussed it further through Private Messages.
But what i want to know now is if there are frameprotectors for both sides?
Protectors near the clutch-height, i mean. I already have the fairing-ones.

Pics & models?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts