Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Keep it between 10k and 15k
1,086 Posts
if it was between the akra and the devil high-mount it would be a closer decision, I am not a fan of the shot gun so I would get the Ti Akrapovic. They are truly beautiful pipes.

·
2,162 Posts
another vote for akra... but why a slipon? are u just going for looks, price and sound? if so than by all means go for it... good luck!!

·
Super Moderator
8,670 Posts
I don't know how you can have a "tough" decision between these two. They are by far the most diverse exhausts. Comparing orange to apples.

Get what you like - both are quality.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Go for the Devil if you're just getting a slip-on. I had Devil shot gun pipes on my R6, sounded awsome!

If you get a full system, get the Akra.

·
Protected By GLOCK
759 Posts
I have a devil SB2 and it rocks I have never heard the shotgun but I would say go with devil.

·
Super Moderator
21,675 Posts
The Akrapovic has my vote.

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
AKRAPOVIC!!!!!!!!!

Just make sure you pronouce it right when telling people what you got.. Its (A--CRAP--O--VITCH)... :thumbup

·
Super Moderator
8,670 Posts
I'd listen to an Akrapovic slipon first. Like I said. Two totally different pipes with two totally different sounds. The Devil shotgun slipons sound a lot better IMO.

This is coming from an Akrapovic owner as well.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Corny said:
I'd listen to an Akrapovic slipon first. Like I said. Two totally different pipes with two totally different sounds. The Devil shotgun slipons sound a lot better IMO.

This is coming from an Akrapovic owner as well.
:iamwithst akra owner here too

UNLESS you go full system, then its akra all the way!!

·
Wh0 DiS?!
3,849 Posts
Get the Akra. It's lighter and looks really nice on almost all bikes.

I see lotsa Devil SG's on Suzukis and honestly I don't like the look of it. :dunno

·
INVICTUS
14,902 Posts
I'm an SB2 Highmount owner, and if you said SB2 I'd hesitate (for @ 2 very long seconds ) . No dispute , get the Akra.

·
Motorcycle junky
210 Posts
Devil, Akra, Devil, Akra.... Getting the point?? There both good pipes.. It's a matter of opinion... Buy what you want to buy, and what looks best to you... Your not going to go wrong buying either one..:thumbup

·
MY R1 ROCKS
59 Posts
:rock Akrapovic rules :rock

Buy a full system-best money you'll ever spend!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts