Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help me find my bike. I live in the Seattle area, and today, Friday, 2/27/04 my '03 Black and Red flame R1 was stolen between 6pm and Midnight. If any local people have seen anything or have heard anything I would really appreciate it. The bike was also missing the front cowling and headlight assembly because I was in the middle of doing some work on it, so it wasn't even a fully assembled bike that they tookl.http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/newthread.php?s=&action=newthread&forumid=2#
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/images/smilies/sad.gif

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Sorry to hear it:( :(

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PITCHERFAR said:
How did they get it?? I am so scared of this happening to my 04!!!

Since the handlebars were locked and it had a Disc brake lock on it, I'm assuming that they came in with 3-4 guys, picked it up and put it in the back of a truck and drove off.

One of the serious downfalls of having a light bike.

I'm still fuming

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anybody have any other suggestions of what I should do?

I'm in the process of contacting all of the area motorcycle parts dealers, yamaha dealers, and anyone else that these thieves may try to take the bike to or dump off parts. I've also been checking ebay religiously, checking for anything that may raise a flag.

Any other suggestions would be great.

Oh and yes I've reported it to the police, but the officer I talked to didn't really seem too interested. The guy didn't even get out of his car.

Thanks in advance!!!

·
WahWahWeeWAH
2,405 Posts
friend of mine had the same thing happen to his r6 last year in seattle. which part of the city are you in?

cop told him there is a bunch of guys that are taking them but they don't have enough to nail them. actually the cop said he saw one of the guys on his bike a month later but couldn't do anything about it.

·
Riding Addict
40 Posts
ticoR1 said:
Does anybody have any other suggestions of what I should do?
Not to sound dick-ish, but I'd simply just wait and hope that it isn't recovered, collecting the insurance money for it.

I know it sucks, but if either my car or bike were stolen, probably the last thing I'd want is to get it back in a questionable/totaled state.

Best of luck to you...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PsychoBabble said:
Not to sound dick-ish, but I'd simply just wait and hope that it isn't recovered, collecting the insurance money for it.

I know it sucks, but if either my car or bike were stolen, probably the last thing I'd want is to get it back in a questionable/totaled state.

Best of luck to you...
Yes, yes, that would be a nice thing. And now for the sad part.....

I've only had the bike for a month. I was able to ride it for about 5 days tops, when I managed to do a nice number on my arm in a non-motorcycle related accident causing me to have surgery and to be in a nice cast for a few months. Since this happened right before purchasing my insurance ( Iwas still shopping around for the best rate) I decided to save my money and hold off on purchasing it rather than throwing $600 a month down the drain for a bike that was going to sit for a couple of months. Yes I was quoted at a rate of $600+ a month for full coverage from progressive. A little extreme I feel.

Well, thats my story. Now you can begin with the comments of how stupid I am and so forth...I know they are coming. But now you can get a sense of why I'm trying so hard.

somebody please

·
THEY CALLED ME SWEETNESS!!!!!!
6,538 Posts
ticoR1 said:
Yes, yes, that would be a nice thing. And now for the sad part.....

I've only had the bike for a month. I was able to ride it for about 5 days tops, when I managed to do a nice number on my arm in a non-motorcycle related accident causing me to have surgery and to be in a nice cast for a few months. Since this happened right before purchasing my insurance ( Iwas still shopping around for the best rate) I decided to save my money and hold off on purchasing it rather than throwing $600 a month down the drain for a bike that was going to sit for a couple of months. Yes I was quoted at a rate of $600+ a month for full coverage from progressive. A little extreme I feel.

Well, thats my story. Now you can begin with the comments of how stupid I am and so forth...I know they are coming. But now you can get a sense of why I'm trying so hard.

somebody please
No, you aren't stupid. You're just a rider who ran into a bad situation (wreck) and made a decision on how to better utilize your finances at that time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. It's a shame that certain people in this world have nothing better to do than make the lives of others that much more difficult.

The only thing you can do at this point is to sit back and pray that your bike is recovered. It may be used/abused when you get it back, but at least you have something to build on.

Good Luck!

BTW, be sure to keep insurance on your bike(s) next time. If you must cancel your insurance for any reason, be sure to store your bike in a secure place while it's uninsured. If it's going to sit outside, then coverage against theft is a MUST!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts