Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a call from my dealer today pretty much telling me they wont be able to get me the Fiat bodywork that Ive been waiting for since the start of October. :( :( :( Ive had my heart set on having this bike since the minute I laid eyes on it. My dealer promised me they could get the bike in due time, after a month and half of them BSing me just to get a deposit on a bike they finally came out and told me theres a slim chance they can get it, and I probably shouldnt wait on them. They also told me since they made me wait all this time they would give me a great deal on a 08 if I decided to buy from them, so I may just pick up a Black 08 and do it up a little.

I wanted to do the gold marchis, gold rear sets, and gold levers to go along with the already gold decals and forks. I photoshopped it a while back and it looked good on paper, but wanted to see if anyones done anything simliar to their black R1s. If so, please post some pics!

Heres that photoshop I just talked about.

Oh and, the Ducati 848 is still in question at this point, I may just give it a try, but leaning more towards the R1 right now.

·
My bike and I R1
2,541 Posts
I say go with the black R1. I'm not much for the Ducs, especially compared to the R1 above.

Oh and it would be sick if somehow you were able to get the badge on the tank with gold instead of silver. That and a gold gascap would complete it IMO.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
Nice clean looking bike. The Ducs, nice to.

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I say go with the black R1. I'm not much for the Ducs, especially compared to the R1 above.

Oh and it would be sick if somehow you were able to get the badge on the tank with gold instead of silver. That and a gold gascap would complete it IMO.

We must be long lost brothers because I already had those 2 mods planned!

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SICK BASTID!!! OMG

That looks, unbelievable!!!!!! Damn brother, Im happy for you, looks amazing! Those wheels set that bike off like no other. You shoulda gotten the damn rear sets in gold, find someone who would trade you! OR powdercoat yours! Either way bike still looks fresh to death, congrats!

·
Banned
324 Posts
YOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU SICK BASTID!!! OMG

That looks, unbelievable!!!!!! Damn brother, Im happy for you, looks amazing! Those wheels set that bike off like no other. You shoulda gotten the damn rear sets in gold, find someone who would trade you! OR powdercoat yours! Either way bike still looks fresh to death, congrats!
Thanks bro....Can't wait to see what you end up with!! :fact :rock

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before I paid for the Fiat they said 12,000$ OTD, I dont know if there gonna drop on the price bc thats pretty low, but they made it sound like they would throw in some accessories, maybe a helmet and gloves or something along those lines

·
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats hot man, black and gold go together good. Its gonna look sick, cant wait to get this damn winter project started. By spring the bike will be complete!!!!!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.