Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· One time at band camp.......
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 24 ft by 24 ft garage with a 2 car door and I have a corvette, S-10 blazer, and the R1 to put in it. Also, I have been considering building a trailer to haul 2 Sportbikes. I was wanting to see some pics or get some ideas. All help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Later:cool:

158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
:finger I would like to thank everybody for ALL of the posts:fact I think it is :bs ! If you read this and had some input, but did not post it then:butt Thanks Again:finger :finger :finger :finger :finger

j/k......michael

158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Swedie, We have a saying her that goes like this, "Everybody likes a little ass, but nobody likes a smartass!" :lol

· Sparks flyin'...
99 Posts
I thought the picture really helped put the issue into perspective. Plus I liked the fact that it was a faster RED car. Nice job!

Sorry man, you story is a little too abstract. I have two bikes, a mountain bike, and an SC300 to get into a garage that's 10x22. Needless to say, one of the bikes doesn't fit... I wish I had your problem!

Scott

· Life is GRAND
1,992 Posts
I for one don't have a house or garage. Maybe most of the people that read your post don't have a garage. I'm sure someone can relate and give you feedback.

I wish I had a garage. I have to keep my bike in storage!!!!:mad: :mad: , cause my Jerkass Apt. complex doesn't allow bikes on hte property!!!! How [email protected]*ed is that!!!:machinegu
You should be happy that you have one period :) :beer

· Premium Member
6,305 Posts
BallsR-Not4Sale said:
Hey Swedie, We have a saying her that goes like this, "Everybody likes a little ass, but nobody likes a smartass!" :lol
Oh and I who put down so many hours behind that beautiful painting :D

j/k

Btw, at my parents house we got a small house.. kind of place for my brother's bike and mine. They fit nicely in there. No heat or anything, just a shelter from rain and general bad weather. Works perfect.

· This...is a...a...suck!
1,268 Posts
BallsR-Not4Sale said:
I have a 24 ft by 24 ft garage with a 2 car door and I have a corvette, S-10 blazer, and the R1 to put in it. Also, I have been considering building a trailer to haul 2 Sportbikes. I was wanting to see some pics or get some ideas. All help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Later:cool:
I have a Bravada, an Explorer, an R1, an SX700, an SXViper, a two place snowmobile enclosed trailer, and a single place motorcycle trailer. All to be fit into a 15 x 25 garage. Oh and a buddy of mine that wants to put his new 02 R1 in there too.

But I am not sure what you want pictures of, the trailer? or the garage.

If you are looking for an enclosed motorcycle trailer, I think that you are going to be better off buying a WellsFargo or something like that. If you just want an open two place trailer then you should try to buy a used boat trailer and trim it down and put a couple of pieces of marine grade plywood down and get some wheel chaucks (sp) fastened to it. Not sure what you are looking for though, not trying to be a wise ass either.

Later on

:thumbup

· What day is it?
469 Posts
I have a corvette, S-10 blazer, and the R1 to put in it
Is the Blazer not short enough to where if you pull it all the way forward, you could park the R1 sideways behind it? I have a small 2 car garage and I manage to squeeze 5 motorbikes and a car in there. Sure it's a pain in the ass to move everything around just to get to something (like the lawnmower), but that's just the way it is. :) I can't help you with an idea for a trailer because I myself don't have one. I wouldn't use it enough to justify spending the money on one. The only time I trailer a bike is to take it to the shop when it will not run, and that is where my local U-Haul comes in handy. ;)

· Old, fat and slow
1,802 Posts
I have an average two car garage and an additional single width garage that has a higher door and is two cars deep (built for an average sized RV to fit in).

In the main garage, I have the wife's Ford Explorer and my Ford Taurus, bicycles and assorted garage crap.

In the other I have a Honda CB1000, a Honda ST1100, a Yamaha YZ-426 and a Ducati 916 along with my two bike trailer. It's a bit crowded to say the least.

I've seen a really neat folding trailer in some Harley magazines and in a few shops. Ultra heavy duty, 13" wheels and yet it folds up to go along he back side of the garage wall. Wish I'd bought one! I think they're around $1500 - which ain't cheap but it's cheaper than buying another garage or renting space. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.

Eric

158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey everyone, thanks for the ideas, I now realize how lucky I am to have a good size garage. Maybe this was a stupid thread I started. I just know how many knowledgable(sp?) people there are here. oh, and "bekustes":finger I ride the crap out of my bike, but if I want to go 3 hrs to Kandsas City or 5hrs to Tulsa or 7 hrs to Denver, then I have to ride it and not trailer it? What if it rains or hails? I am not a wussy, Let's be practical here. In Tulsa at WSRC those guys were trailering there bikes. I guess all those bikes are trailer queens? Sorry to get off on a rant, just po's me when some jackass totally misses the point because of his narrow minded view. Later.....

· This...is a...a...suck!
1,268 Posts
It is not stupid bro, just misunderstood. Keep posting!

:thumbup :thumbup

158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK. I was just wanting to see some garage and trailer pics/ideas. Didn't know if I was the ony one that thought about this. Later..........:thumbup

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.