Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all! My name is Haley. I have an 04 R1. It’s the second R1 that I have owned. I was just curious as to how many other girls ride an R1? Please tell me I’m not the only one....

·
11,849 Posts
Hey y’all! My name is Haley. I have an 04 R1. It’s the second R1 that I have owned. I was just curious as to how many other girls ride an R1? Please tell me I’m not the only one....
Welcome to the forum. There are other female riders here. We've had some great riders come to the conventions too and tackled the tail of the dragon. Post pics of your bike. You're going to find lots of great info and people here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks and just posted a pic. I don’t live far from the tail of the dragon and I’m excited to actually experience it NOT as a passenger! When and where are conventions? I’m from southeast Tennessee.

·
11,849 Posts
We used to have them every year in June. It's been a while but some of us old timers are aching for another go. It's a great time. We go for a whole week and hit all the great roads down there. Keep checking back. Hopefully we'll do another convention soon. Nice looking bike. A lot of us here think the 04-06 are the best looking R1's ever.

Reactions: Loose

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,457 Posts
Welcome.

Reactions: ZdaMan

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Welcome. I’ve never been to a convention but ridden down there every year for several years. Sometimes wish I lived there just for the riding. Good for you. Great bike also. 06 owner here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It means joining a gang, but lamer. 😁
Lol ok yeah didn’t I already mention I’m from Tennessee. We like to talk real simple. I thought it might have been some kinda fish I ain’t ever heard of. Thanks for clarifying. I could’ve just googled it but wanted to see who would take the time to answer.

·
11,849 Posts
Thanks I also hunt, fish, ride a banshee and wear a pmr30 on my hip. So don’t think I’m trying to impress you I’m probably trying to pass you... lol.
do you have a problem with the PMR30 not feeding the last round of the magazine unless you leave one round out??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
do you have a problem with the PMR30 not feeding the last round of the magazine unless you leave one round out??
I only put twenty in it unless I feel I need more. But the quality of Shell makes a huge difference. Try to make sure that you don’t dent the shells when loading your magazine. But storing your magazine fully loaded will affect the spring. Let your magazine set in the sun Unloaded For few hours enough that it’s hot when you touch it see if it helps. Don’t put heat directly to it or pull and tug on your spring. I always chamber one. So if your not chambering a fresh clip then that’s probably why.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts