Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Venom X/O
24,273 Posts
I must be getting old, because I don't get half of this "code speak". Feel free to enlighten me anyone.
I swear, I've been posting for a few years now with only so so response, and then Hayle comes along, joins, makes one post and shatters all records...see what you caused Hayle you little scamp you;)
Asl = age/sex/location

Baby boy is a cute name I’m calling @2muchbluE from now on because why not 😂

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,206 Posts
Asl = age/sex/location

Baby boy is a cute name I’m calling @2muchbluE from now on because why not
Hahaha. You either "lived" in the 90s or just passed through the 90s.... being born in the 90s does not count.
You may be one of mine for all we know Lol.

Gear, Im ready to meet you. Bring that box wine or zima. We will make memories

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
9,250 Posts
Omg you guys be nice!

I’m the CO of Venom Squadron-read the squadron section for info.

But, it hasn’t been active at all. We used to have rides and meets all the times.

There’s a few members in your area.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Ola, late to the thread but yes, another female rider here. Racer: (former Pro AMA) Writer: (Masterclass Columnist for two magazines), Coach: (15 years + with the California Superbike School) and Mom: (Two little riders, 9-year-old girl and 11-year-old boy.) Welcome :)
Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I must be getting old, because I don't get half of this "code speak". Feel free to enlighten me anyone.
I swear, I've been posting for a few years now with only so so response, and then Hayle comes along, joins, makes one post and shatters all records...see what you caused Hayle you little scamp you;)
Lol I’m new I don’t know what to do....I can’t help it. O and does any one know the size of the needle bearing for the rear wheel on the 04? Cause all shops near me says it’ll be next week before they have it...

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey y’all! My name is Haley. I have an 04 R1. It’s the second R1 that I have owned. I was just curious as to how many other girls ride an R1? Please tell me I’m not the only one....
Hi there Haley! Are you still out there? Did you ever get your R1 going again (wheel bearing issue?) By now you should be enjoying great riding weather up there...I'm jealous..being stuck for now down in southwest Florida..still hot down here!! But I used to live in North Carolina and loved the fall seasons.
Anyways...just curious if your still ride'n your R1?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Hi there Haley! Are you still out there? Did you ever get your R1 going again (wheel bearing issue?) By now you should be enjoying great riding weather up there...I'm jealous..being stuck for now down in southwest Florida..still hot down here!! But I used to live in North Carolina and loved the fall seasons.
Anyways...just curious if your still ride'n your R1?
Yes yes I been givin My giR1 hell. Apparently none of my friends wanna Go against me up the mountain in my town. So why are you stuck? I got a 3rd gear issue I’m going to have to address soon....but since I’m learning to wheelie clutching in 3rd I figure I’ll just let the damage be done now instead of after I fix it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Glad to hear you're still with us. Maybe you could give them a big head start to give them a fighting chance-are they on sportbikes too or cruisers and Harleys? I would never presume to tell someone how hard to ride or not, especially someone who's probably quicker than me (Not! 😀just kidding), and I don't doubt your talent, but it only takes one idiot texting or swerving into your lane to ruin everything-please ride smart!
I didn't mean anything by saying I'm stuck only just that I live in Florida for now for various reasons, mainly family, but at some point I'll return to that general area. I pretty much grew up in Florida and have had my share of "the Florida lifestyle". I just can't get those cool, crisp Fall Carolina Days and great riding roads out of my head, the change of seasons etc..
Wow! third gear wheelies--that's pretty high speed on an 04 R1..you have guts I'll give you that! I've had a few earlier R1's (still have my 03 from new) with such low end grunt they'd come up just by cracking the throttle hard over the slightest crests on my favorite roads that I could just ride out, on occasion snicking into the next gear so I never really got a lot of practice clutching up the front! I miss those hilly roads-don't have that in Florida. I have a 2016 now as well but even it won't come up as easy as the 03 will. You mentioned you had another R1 before--what year? Why did you change bikes? What's your favorite R1 year and color?
Just love talking bikes that's all..if you're ever bored love to hear back some time
Take care

·
Registered
35 Posts
My first 01 (Back in 2001) came up just by closing the throttle, which loaded up the forks, then opening it back up! When you did that the front end came up. I think it ruins the gearbox though. I wrecked the bike, fixed it all back up (parts were available then) and sold it later.
I ride my current 01 differently now.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts