Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
What? Did I do that? Who me??
2,854 Posts
Humm exhaust springs?Fetzer Valve ? Where are those thing located? Where the headers ends/?
start at the header and move back on the exhaust.. I'm talking about the springs that hold the exhaust together... Fetzer valve was a fletch joke...it is one of the exhaust springs.

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
Do you still have the stock headers with the EXUP valve on there? I'd say you do from that noise/rev combination.

If you do then you don't have any springs holding the exhaust together. Sorry YamaDan...

If it's all stock, then I'd almost stake my life on it being the EXUP valve itself. Very easy to check for and I see it alllllllll the time at work. Nothing to worry about but a bit of a pain to cure if it bothers you.

To check, start the bike and have someone apply some pressure to the EXUP valve pulley down on the exhaust pipe. Obviously using a screwdriver not your fingers... Rev it and see if the noise is stil there.

:corn

·
YoU CaN Do iT!!!
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok thanks marcaztls , and yamadan. The headers is stock your prob right it does sounds like its coming from there... I will mess with it a little. Well at least its not the eingine. Kina sounds like I have those vtech type deal. LOLZ

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.