Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a r1 about a month ago and I want to get it registered and in my name the guy that sold it to me informed me that it was a jump title but he left the back blank with only the original owners name and signature I can’t get in contact with the original owner and I made the mistake of signing the title already could I just forge the u130 form with his signature and a bill of sale? Please help

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ve been fixing it up still am so that’s why I haven’t tried registering it yet I know I will have to pay late fees

·
Plastic surgery pending
5,565 Posts
It says right on that form that it's a felony to forge. I would try harder to get in contact with the original owner. If that's not going to work, get copies of all documents showing the sale from the original owner to the person who you bought it from who never bothered to transfer the title. If you have notarized copies of the sales, maybe that would be acceptable showing transfer of ownership.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It says right on that form that it's a felony to forge. I would try harder to get in contact with the original owner. If that's not going to work, get copies of all documents showing the sale from the original owner to the person who you bought it from who never bothered to transfer the title. If you have notarized copies of the sales, maybe that would be acceptable showing transfer of ownership.
Dude that sold it to me doesent have any contact with him. Also lives 3 hours away I heard people get away with forging the u130 all the time I guess I’ll do more research thanks for the response

·
An R1 kinda day!
2015 Yamaha YZF R1 Raven Edition
600 Posts
I sold a boat a while back. Guy I sold it to said just give him the title and he'd take care of it. A couple months later, a guy called me begging me to meet him somewhere to sign. I told him I didn't own it, I had sold to someone (legally I did still own it) dude who said he'd take care of it never did.

I did the good citizen thing and met the guy. Luckily it was local. But I wanted to be sure that I was out from under it.

From what I read you are saying, the name on the title is the owner. I don't think you'd want to be busted for forgery.

Good luck just the same.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree with everyone above, about it being forgery. And do try and really contact the guy. But, if you literally have no other way out, then forge it. I have done it a couple of times a long time ago. Actually come to think of it, my last bike, the owner forgot to fill out all the portions, and I called him and he was like just go ahead and forge it. So, you will be alright as long as your doing it with the best intentions...meaning that you know for certain this wasnt stolen and it was legitimately sold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts