Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Faster than the FHP
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this bike at the track in Daytona. Some guys have a lot of time on their hands! It looks nice with the red paint. Does it belong to a member of the forum?

Attachments

·
...Is just so addicted to R1..
902 Posts
DAMN....wasting no time I see

·
The fastest Colour!!!
309 Posts
Am I the only one that likes the black frames. I don't like the polished on that bike at all... However the red bottom is sweet.

B

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
deez said:

damn thats tite i wondered whos gonna do that first.. i love it :rock
umm your pics needs to be attached it wont work like that.

I have a friend who bought a red one a few days back and is going to polish his. I think the black looks too good. If it were silver then I would say go for it but I dont like it compared to the black.

·
Insanity Please
2,205 Posts
Wow, talk about not wasting any time...the Graves twin pack sets it off.....

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
MonctonR1 said:
Am I the only one that likes the black frames. I don't like the polished on that bike at all...

B
No, you're in good company, all the people who may want to buy it after you are done with it will like the black frame, too.

I'm surprised the goofball hasn't spooned a set of those red tires onto the thing yet.

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
Somebody has alot of time AND money..

While I agree these bikes look best with the 'all black' frames and just the fairings painted red..

the polished 04 would look sweet with the on the blue or silver one.. with the frame and wheels done..

·
WERA/CCS #217
5,983 Posts
gb506 said:
No, you're in good company, all the people who may want to buy it after you are done with it will like the black frame, too.

I'm surprised the goofball hasn't spooned a set of those red tires onto the thing yet.
take a closer look in the background of that pic.. polished swingarm protecting what..

red tires..

another thing.. look at the rear tires on the 04.. poser polish frame or not.. this bike has been ridden hard..

he might just be the goofball that comes around you in a given corner..

·
mmmm. excellent.
1,325 Posts
Daekwan said:
he might just be the goofball that comes around you in a given corner..
Possible, but highly unlikely.

·
SpidermanSS killer.
1,268 Posts
Daekwan said:

another thing.. look at the rear tires on the 04.. poser polish frame or not.. this bike has been ridden hard..
yeh but not too hard look at the front it has a long way to go yet...mine in the front looks like his rear and my rear has the edge peeling.

·
No, you can't ride it
604 Posts
I was thinking about doing mine, but the black looks too sweet. However, I'm going to polish the inner lip on the swingarm, and the rims. Then paint the front wheel red.:thumbup

·
L8R2U
21,459 Posts
Paint looks good :thumbup

·
Registered
367 Posts
I'm not a fan of the polished bikes. Well not when it has a black frame. I think it looks great on the bikes that come with a aluminum frame

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
MonctonR1 said:
Am I the only one that likes the black frames. I don't like the polished on that bike at all... However the red bottom is sweet.

B
Yeah, we'll see how they like it after they get tired of polishing it all the time!

·
My R1 Ate your R1
1,020 Posts
I like the black. Im thinking of havin my wheels partally painted (leaving part black) to match the red though. Finding the "Shift Red" paint might be hard though..
Hide

·
2003 R1 Wadder, thnx Chevy S10
467 Posts
LOVE the red lower fairing

Definitely hate the polished frame. Does not go with the engine and fairing black, makes it look bad

1 - 20 of 28 Posts