Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ryongchoi is my bitch...
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may be able to acquire a set of the FIAT body work for the 2007/2008 R1 through Yamaha Motor Corp. If anyone on here has been looking for one and has had difficulty with ordering one through your dealership, feel free to PM me and I will try to find out some information for you.

There are no guarantees, but if anyone is seriously interested in the plastics and tank, I might be able to pull some strings. I had a set of the body work released to us, but my friend who wanted it, no longer does... If anyone wants to jump on the opportunity, then let me know. I believe the kit goes for about $2599..

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
I'm interested....but dang I could get a hell of a lot of good parts for that money. Dang I wish I were rich.....Good luck on selling them and I want to see some pics once on the bike:)

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Hey... thanks for keeping me in mind fellas but I am over the bike..... The hassle of the whole ordeal completely turned me off, so I will have to pass.... Imagine how hard its going to be to get replacement plastics if/when I ever go down hahaha

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
You could do a nice suspension set up for that!

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
You could buy a decent few years old track bike for that kind of money.

·
6,403 Posts

·
ryongchoi is my bitch...
5,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was thinking of PROJEKTM3 myself, but I believe he has gone the black 08 route (which I think is going to be the most popular color this year). However, if anyone is interested in this limited bodywork, let me know and I will try to get it for you. I will need info ASAP however before it is gone.

·
My R1 is faster than yours
1,505 Posts

·
6,403 Posts
yeah no joke thatd get you like 200 30packs of keystone out here
Lol 9.99 a cube here....yeah its keystone but it starts to taste like water when your hammered...but who gives a shat...your hammered:crash! Now where is the cutest young little girl?:lhumper:

·
What's happenin'?
320 Posts
Nice, but pricey :dollar . But being OEM, any of ours are probably near that price anyways.

Ahhhh....it's nice to have a brother in the sign business. He's going to be doing my 1098 bodywork as soon as it comes in from Sharkskinz.

·
menace II society
188 Posts
I don't get the love for that paint scheme. IMO, it looks cheesy and tacky.

Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,700 Posts
Must admit I would hate the idea of having the name of a cheap Italian car on my bike :lol :lol
I still love my retro race team colors but then King Kenny was in my era.

·
Jeckle
3,383 Posts
Must admit I would hate the idea of having the name of a cheap Italian car on my bike :lol :lol
I still love my retro race team colors but then King Kenny was in my era.
I'm with you on the King Kenny era, the whole FIAT thing has it's moments with me, after all the Texas 'T' :cowboy did ride for them but it's still hard to ride something with tht paint job on it.

Good call on the Black :thumbup

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.