Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, i have noticed 3 days ago my bike (R1 2003) in second gear with a small squirt of trottle around 7000rpm the back tyre looses traction for a split second. its so annoying as it will continue to spin everytime in second at that rpm range. my tyres are pilot powers with around 1000kms on them, the weather conditions are hot and dry here and i warmed the tyres up and didnt ride over twigs etc. A friend says my second gear may be ****ed but i do not wheelie etc just ride hard time to time around the mountains. i was just wondering if anyone has had this same problem and how much it would cost to be fixed.

thanks ryan

·
Action figure sold separately
12,213 Posts
What makes you think the tire is loosing traction and spinning? Are you sure it's not clutch slippage?

BTW: MOVED TO MECHANICAL

·
We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
2,182 Posts
When you mean rear wheel spins do the revs shoot up momentarily ? If so I'm with Eyespy. Sounds like clutch slip.

Typically if tyres are warm and road is grippy (at 7000 in second) I think you'd tend to notice the front wheel go light / wheelie before the rear spinning up (if the bike is upright with a big contact pacth)

·
Registered
401 Posts
R1rider86 said:
Hey, i have noticed 3 days ago my bike (R1 2003) in second gear with a small squirt of trottle around 7000rpm the back tyre looses traction for a split second. its so annoying as it will continue to spin everytime in second at that rpm range. my tyres are pilot powers with around 1000kms on them, the weather conditions are hot and dry here and i warmed the tyres up and didnt ride over twigs etc. A friend says my second gear may be ****ed but i do not wheelie etc just ride hard time to time around the mountains. i was just wondering if anyone has had this same problem and how much it would cost to be fixed.

thanks ryan
There's no way it's your tire spinning. It is something with your transmission.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts