Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Life: Comedy or Tragedy?
37,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanms to Shane, we have a new area where we can post up what we use to haul our bikes to/from tracks, etc.

Also, if you have transportation questiins, post 'em up.

·
I am the vanilla gorilla!
18,121 Posts
Thanms to Shane, we have a new area where we can post up what we use to haul our bikes to/from tracks, etc.

Also, if you have transportation questiins, post 'em up.
Get to typing a little quick there?

·
Sir Douglas
4,806 Posts
This is what I have. Simple 5x8 trailer with 3/4 sheet of pressure treated on the deck with added hooks on the side.

Towed by some Hemi power! :)

·
37,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
4um ModR8r
10,427 Posts

·
i <3 poontang!
1,809 Posts
started with this

then to this

sold that and got this

sold that and went back to just hauling the bike on the back of the truck, but got a new truck :boobies

·
37,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Goooong,,,, try again. :butt
Thought he was referring to typos. :dunno

Otherwise, I had a feeling it would go in the trackday section when suggested. ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts

Here's my set up and like the idea of everything in the trailer locked away from view. Usually my R1, Andee's GSXR and a pit bike along with all our gear, stands, fuel jugs, coolers and camping supplies.

·
My R1 can beat your R1
112 Posts
My Fun Center in the Making

Here are some before and during transformation. It's in progress now. Please pardon the mess inside.

Building fold up bunk beds on the left side.

Computer workstation on the right side, with TV, DVD surround sound combo.

Workbench at the front with storage underneath for the pancake compressor and tools.

Wiring up a 4-prong twistlock cable to go to my 8750 watt generator just in case I ever need 220Volt, it will be there.

Will also be setting up a wifi network tethered off my cell phone for internet access.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Just bought a Grey Wolf 26RR toy hauler/camper. Cool because it has all the amenities of a travel trailer plus the rear ramp with floor tie downs. Gonna use it for going to the track for the first time this weekend. Will be nice to have an air conditioned place to hang out between sessions. Nice to have your own bathroom/shower and kitchen too. I'm excited to use it.

Wife an I are also taking it up north just to go camping over Labor Day weekend too. Bringing my road bike for that to do some up north riding. Beautiful country up near Traverse City. I'll post up some pics in a little bit :)

·
Crossed Up
1,601 Posts
Subbed, hoping some of the smaller toy haulers might be posted here. I run a 6x12 that's got enough room, but I'd like something I could take on the road and sleep in with the kids too. It has to stay on the smaller side (<6600lbs) though, because I like my SUV too much to get rid of it for a pickup truck.

But this is what I use for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
The Grey Wolf I just bought is a tick under 5,000lbs. dry weight. It can be loaded up to around 8,000lbs. though. It's a 26', but they make them smaller for sure. I tow with a 4-door Eco-beast F-150, so it's nowhere near my towing capacity, even all loaded up.

I figure with the R1, generator, and full fresh water tank, plus other misc. gear, it'll weigh in right around 6,500lbs.

Just installed fresh brakes on the truck all around. Best ceramic pads I could find with drilled/slotted rotors too. F-150 is about the sweetest half ton truck available, but it's definitely lacking in the brake department. This upgrade made a noticeable improvement in stopping power.

Also, I'm interested to see what kind of gas mileage I'll get with the truck while towing. This will be the first time towing it any sort of distance. Hoping for at least 8mpg

·
Horsepower whisperer
1,425 Posts
I have a 6'x12' setup with 3 Condor chocks. It's a squeeze but they fit. All of the track gear goes in the truck and leftover floor space.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

There's a bathroom and a bedroom up in front also. There are benches and a dining table that are currently folded up to get the bike in. The table/bench deal in the back also folds down to convert into an extra bed. I'm pretty fired up to use it. Gonna head over to Grattan on Friday night. Will be nice to get a decent night sleep while camping now. Beats getting up at 4:00am the morning of to get there on time and it beats the hell out of sleeping in a tent :)

·
4,347 Posts
For big trips, we built this. It started out as a 42' open and bare trailer that I only gave $3800 for. Completely finished the inside with microwave, toaster, oven, stove, refrigerator, sinks, bathroom with toilet and shower, central heat and air, water holding tanks, onboard Onan generator, ceiling fan, TV, storage, full bed in the rear, dual twin beds up front, fold down couch. Altogether it will sleep and maintain 8. Ended with some coats of black paint and some chrome trim. Also has enough room for about 6 bikes in the rear, and more storage space.

Got the truck at a steal too. International Eagle that had 18k miles on a fresh full rebuild. Gave less than $5000 for it, wacked off the rear axle, added some tool boxes, and am in the process of making a body for that rear, then paint.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts