Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up Guys, new to the forum, here from NJ...Finally sat of a 2015 R1 and it's not as cramped as I thought for my 52 yr old Frame.

I just sold my 2012 BMW S-1000RR to my bud who has more Money than God, and offered me 1k above Book Value...so I took the deal.

I'll be lurking here to check on any issues this new model may have ?? :scared

I have my eye on a Red one one, cause here in Jersey, you need to be conspicuous with all the Pinheads on the Road. :436:

This would be my 23rd motorcycle in my lifetime...I'm a Poser with 1/8th chicken strips on all my Bikes, and that's just street use...:icon_wink:

Ride Safe Guys,

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Welcome to the forum! The only issues I've seen so far that seems common is the left mirror being loose causing it to have to be replaced by Yamaha under warranty (not a big deal).

· Back to the Yamaha community.
771 Posts
Whats up Guys, new to the forum, here from NJ...Finally sat of a 2015 R1 and it's not as cramped as I thought for my 52 yr old Frame.

I just sold my 2012 BMW S-1000RR to my bud who has more Money than God, and offered me 1k above Book Value...so I took the deal.

I have my eye on a Red one one, cause here in Jersey, you need to be conspicuous with all the Pinheads on the Road. :436:

This would be my 23rd motorcycle in my lifetime...I'm a Poser with 1/8th chicken strips on all my Bikes, and that's just street use...:icon_wink:

Ride Safe Guys,
Awesome another old fart like me (49). We need a poll for age of riders on this forum. Seems like more and more of us that grew up on the FZ's and older mid 80's sport bikes are still fans and still appreciate the performance of these beasts. I've had so many bikes I stopped counting. :sneaky

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Awesome another old fart like me (49). We need a poll for age of riders on this forum. Seems like more and more of us that grew up on the FZ's and older mid 80's sport bikes are still fans and still appreciate the performance of these beasts. I've had so many bikes I stopped counting. :sneaky
"Old Fart"...SHEESH))) :eek5: I look younger than my 52 Frame says...And that's not even in Dog Years like my Beagle...LOL)))))

Yup, I have to satisfy the Poser in me...and my "Sunday Make believe I'm Valentino Rossi Rides up to NY State Mountain Roads

You would look at me crossed eye'ed if you knew what the break down of my bikes are to date:

R1 :fork
BMW-S1000R :scared
ZX-1400R :icon_eek:
Concourse-1400 :78:
Harley V-Rod :boobies
899-1299 Ducati Panigale ????

· kickin' at the darkness
10,318 Posts
welcome... be sure to post up impressions coming from the s1krr :thumbup

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
welcome... be sure to post up impressions coming from the s1krr :thumbup
The Bike I thought impressed me when I had it was my old 99 Hayabusa (Unrestricted) Until my S1000RR....The term "Breathtaking" came to mind, not in the "Oh this house is breathtaking", I mean it Actually sucked the air from your lungs with the thrust and sheer Stupid Acceleration in Race Mode, when you hit 9k....Never have I experienced so such a missile of a Bike.

I'm a Retired NJ Cop, so I tended to Take liberties in Speed...(Radar certified speed), and the fastest my Hayabusa ever went was 191 MPH....I still have my Radar connections with the regional fuzz and my S1000RR was at 189 before I ran out of Road and my Ass puckered to the size of an Almond :eek5:....the Speedo stopped at 186 of course, but it was pulling :scared

· R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,034 Posts

Ride Safe Guys,
Welcome to the forum, I've got more than a few years on ya and about the same amount of previously owned bikes. Hope you get and enjoy the 2015 R1. It's the bike of my choice right now. Also from NJ/NY, maybe we can ride together this year!!!

Welcome to the party... 44 years here. :crash
Youngster, LOL

· R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,034 Posts
Cool, I'm in Bergen Co. My usual Sunday rituals with my Bike is a Ride up to Harriman State Park, Up to Perkins Drive/Seven Lakes Drive...Park up at Perkins, Pose of course...:icon_wink: Have a Cigar or two, and Talk Shit with other Riders. Finish up, and be home in time for WSBK, or Moto GP...That is if i'm not at my Shore House on LBI:boobies
Sunday rituals sound good. We also do the NJ shore weekends, have a house in Manahawkin on a lagoon, going there this weekend.

· For no ma'am
2,615 Posts
Cool, I'm in Bergen Co. My usual Sunday rituals with my Bike is a Ride up to Harriman State Park, Up to Perkins Drive/Seven Lakes Drive...Park up at Perkins, Pose of course...:icon_wink: Have a Cigar or two, and Talk Shit with other Riders. Finish up, and be home in time for WSBK, or Moto GP...That is if i'm not at my Shore House on LBI:boobies
That is genuinely outstanding. I do the exact same on occasion, literally, even the posing and the shore part as the family has a place in Lavallette.

· Back to the Yamaha community.
771 Posts
You would look at me crossed eye'ed if you knew what the break down of my bikes are to date:
Ah, probably not. I've gone from 5 Hp Rupp minibike, RS250R's, TZ250's to Husqvarna NOX motoard to FZ's, YZF's, Aprillias, GSXR's and everything in between. Here's what I never owned.....a Harley. Wish I could have kept them all but I've scaled back in my older age. I don't have the energy to maintain all that equipment anymore.

· Registered
1,320 Posts
Welcome....I had an S1000RR as well( a 2010 model) and like you,I have never experienced a stock bike that pulled so hard on the street.I'm 48,6ft,172# and fit on the 2015 like a glove.I don't think you'll have any issues.This will be my 5th R1 and can't wait until it comes in.

As a side note,I used to live in Ridgewood and still have an uncle in Glen Rock.

9,408 Posts
Yaaaayyyy! Another old fart. Say "Welcome" Ian. :biggrin:
Ohh snap, Ian just got "cawww cahhed"!!!

Welcome, 39 going on 9, grats on the new bike, im in Edgewater, NJ....and we do some VERY nice back roads on weekends that take up the entire morning and noon...:D

If my NYPD friend comes with, and it gets sketchy on the way home...:scared

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.