Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Talk to me Goose
1,717 Posts
There are a bunch of folks out here that have that done. There is even a write up somewhere out there. Do a search. A fella has a nice how to on polishing the wheel lip without even having to powder coat.

If you want red, just have your powder coater strip your wheels then tape of the sections you don't want powdered. Done deal.

· I killed em Gilbert
6,169 Posts
I think it looks badass. :rock If you are not a member on bikepics.com, join up and email this guy to ask him what color he used. I've emailed him a couple times in the past asking him about his polished pipes. He seems like a cool guy. :thumbup Here is his bikepics member page ---> http://bikepics.com/members/coribello/05r1/

Attachments

· I killed em Gilbert
6,169 Posts
I'm partial to blue myself. :yesnod

Attachments

· Is that right!
1,667 Posts
man these pics rock.. now im thinking of doing this to mine, leave them black in the middle and polish the outter. any blue bikes outthere like that preferably with black rearsets...

how much would this cost me approximately... would a powdercoating shop be able to do this????

· I killed em Gilbert
6,169 Posts

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.